About ignition timing...

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
gcapraz

About ignition timing...

Post by gcapraz »

Dear Hondata,

I have 5AN-G82 ecu number civic 1.5t cvt transmission car.

When i cheking the datalog that i realise ignition timing is getting low when car changing the gear with cvt. Is there any advise how to not to do?
It happens all kind of mods which is D-D manual-S and S manual.

Probably its doing for getting low pressure by changing gear of cvt transmission.

By the way, i m waiting 4 bar map sensor support and cvt temp gauge support like others.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: About ignition timing...

Post by Hondata »

The ignition timing is retarded to reduce power when shifting otherwise the CVT will be damaged.

The CVT cannot use a 4 bar MAP sensor because the transmission TCM uses the same pressure signals.
Hondata
salik990

Post by salik990 »

when are you updating for cvt/transmission temp?
gcapraz

Post by gcapraz »

Hondata wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 am The ignition timing is retarded to reduce power when shifting otherwise the CVT will be damaged.

The CVT cannot use a 4 bar MAP sensor because the transmission TCM uses the same pressure signals.
Dear Hondata,

Can you make it with enable and disable options, Because some users wants to it.

For 4 bar map sensor, The other platform is supporting it. I think it can be useable.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have tried it. The TCM shares the same MAP inputs as the ECU so if you change the MAP sensor it will not shift correctly. I'm not going to be pressured into spending a lot of development time doing something which does not work. It would be better to run the stock MAP sensors to the end of their range - you probably can get to 35 lbs or so before fuel control is an issue.
Hondata