Uploading recordings to PC

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
CivicVTi

Uploading recordings to PC

Post by CivicVTi »

I had a Tungsten T and after each sync, all my recordings were saved in the backup folder in my PC. WIth my Tungsten T3, I cannot transfer recordings anymore. Any ideas? Thanks!
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

I finally used an application called FileZ (a simple file manager) and sent the recording via bluetooth to my pc (file is palmlog-1.prc).
edlocke

Post by edlocke »

FWIW, FileZ is sweet. I use my Palm to record autoX data from myself and my codriver. Due to not always starting the recording, false starts, and reruns it can get very confusing which run was which. (The transfer from Palm to PC wipes out the time log of the file making it near impossible to tell when it was originally recorded.) FileZ lets me see the time stamp on the file and rename the file to anything I want (typically just the date and timestamp). My Palm OS only lets me see the date, not the timestamp.

It would be nice if the next version of PalmLog would allow the filename to be a timestamp instead of just a sequential number. (Like there will ever be a next version of PalmLog!)
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

edlocke wrote:Like there will ever be a next version of PalmLog!
I too have my doubts and it is a pitty. Palmlog was helped me a lot in tuning my car. With some simple enhancements like the one you mention it would be a very powerful tool. So, for the last time, if someone from the Hondata teams reads this post, this is a wish-list:

1. The issue edlocke has mentioned
2. Wideband choice so correct AF ratio is displayed (a list with most common widebands and their conversion voltages as well as provision for custom voltages)
3. Ability to change vtec, shift light etc from palmlog
4. Ability to customize main screen and choose the sensors to be displayed

I believe all the above are really simple to implement. Please Hondata, do not abandon your S100/S200 series and palmlog...