1st Gen RDX Autotune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
RaH

1st Gen RDX Autotune

Post by RaH »

Hello I am having troube to get autotune activated. Stays grayed out no matter what i try.

My step:
-Load the K&N short ram tune.
-Select auto tune tab from setting widowand change last field to 11.7 then the second filter out of the 3
-open live tune window and select low and high cam fuel, afm, knock low and high retard, wot low and high fuel.
- ingition on upload with up arrow and off when done.
- power on then i see everything in green check live as well.
-lightning volt icon pressed but autotune icon still grayed out/inactive
I have tried with stock and stock tuned the same exact way. Nothing.

Reason for live tuning is i have noticed many area lean much as 28% and rich much as 15%. Knocks count 9 13 18. Bogging sometimes on acceleration.

I would log and change accordingly but still a novice and frankly little afraid I may hurt the engine

Thank you!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 1st Gen RDX Autotune

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration with the live tables you have set.
RaH

Post by RaH »

attached. thank you!
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is a datalog and not the calibration.
RaH

Post by RaH »

i am also using updated beta version if that helps.
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
Screenshot (279).png
Screenshot (279).png (219.62 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
Screenshot (278).png
Screenshot (278).png (200.16 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
RaH

Post by RaH »

i did not touch the calibration. everything is set up as default from original preset.
RaH

Post by RaH »

this is the only things i have changed from default.
Attachments
Screenshot (281).png
Screenshot (281).png (168.7 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
RaH

Post by RaH »

live selections
Attachments
Screenshot (285).png
Screenshot (285).png (189.43 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Screenshot (284).png
Screenshot (284).png (185.22 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Screenshot (283).png
Screenshot (283).png (183.85 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Screenshot (282).png
Screenshot (282).png (188.77 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You still have not posted the actual calibration file you are using with how you have it setup. Screenshots do not help.
RaH

Post by RaH »

oh crap. My apologies. I was under the assumption you guys had all the pre-set calibration files already on file to pull up.
Attachments
Stock Tuned, K&N Short Ram.fpcal
(18.89 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
RaH

Post by RaH »

Any update as to why i can't get my autotune activated?..
Thanks.
RaH

Post by RaH »

Last question, where are my low and high fuel tables and how to run open loop only to track unaltered fuel readings? I only see WOT low and high lamda tables in tables tab and calibrations tab even when in live clicking on low and high cam tables i only see WOT low and high lamda tables not " low and high fuel".

Thank you.
RaH

Post by RaH »

Well then...1 month passed no response yet. I figured it all out. Thank you.. However i haven't been able to get my rdx to run more than 3 4 seconds after start on map/sd setup. Any idea why of course not!..I read all the threads covering this.. Seems the best answer is find a tuner because every where else are just questions un-answered on this highly illusive subject. A support platform made by hondata, a device made by hondata, consumers stuck figuring things out on their own with nodata and with possibly 2 administrators to help with hundreds of customers concerns. Nice...

Heres to all consumers like myself with a 1st gen rdx:

1) Autotune only functional with map/sd setup!
2) Fuel low/high tables only accessible with map/sd setup!
3) 1st gen RDX has no map/sd based calibrations from hondata!
4) When activated to run on map/sd it will not start (because no magical conversion is done when mode of fuel model is changed from maf to map) its a dead option unless one knows how to get it running on map/sd option to even start the process of base tune. (no solid information any where, on here all beat around the bush information on here on map/sd based tuning on the rdx).

"Take it to a tuner" because its either very very verrrryyyy highly classified information to give out or simply hondata never followed through to complete the rdx map/sd option to the end or consumers are best left in dark for no apparent reason..

If a fellow consumer can help out I am all eyes...Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Generally for tuning related questions we leave them open for the community to answer on this forum. I hope that someone on this forum who has developed the fuel tables can help you.

There's some background to the speed density tuning on the RDX that you should know about. We did not have the resources to develop this in the normal way (ie we would need to purchase another three vehicles), but it was a feature requested by the community. So Hondata developed SD tuning with some conditions (no TCM programming, no starting fuel tables, testing required by RDX owners). You can look up the original thread from 2018 to see some of the details. As far as I know at the conclusion SD tuning was working and people were happy.

So there was a choice of not having a SD tuning at all or having SD tuning without the tables being developed by Hondata. I'd like to think that we did the right thing adding SD tuning.
Hondata
RaH

Post by RaH »

Firstly thank you! Really happy to finally get someones attention and a response. Yes I have seen those threads with tight maf integration to tcm controls. Also have seen few members saying they got it to work and now can provide for their customers and so on. Still how they got it to work remains illusive. Couple of member did ask as to how to properly setup the map based options, with unclear responses to what should be checked or not. Some said uncheck maf and check map, hondata saids do not disable it and on and on. So if you can clarify at least the basic proper steps to get map based tuning options setup, what should be checked and not, what calibration/parameter set to etc that will be awesome! If i can at the least get my engine to idle long enough to figure out the idle fuel blocks i can build from there.

Again thank you!