New injectors

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
sean

New injectors

Post by sean »

Hello,
Last edited by sean on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean

Re: New injectors

Post by sean »

Hey so Iv downloaded the hondata RDX-2007-9K&NCAI-600CCDW tune and I just changed the injector calibration from 600cc to 850cc injectors. The car ran fairly strong....noticeable difference from before even if i did not push it past 30% throttle, Iv uploaded my datalog just me going around the block, and all the settings seem to be working well...idle is smooth and should get smoother after a couple cycles and throttle response is good...it seems like the program is doing everything it should and doing it well, however I do have one question. On my datalog my engine knocks twice. Once in cylinder 2 and the second in cylinder 3, both knocks are around 2000rpm accelerating from a stop sign using 20% throttle. I was thinking maybe I have bad gas ( The car was sitting a long time while I was making the downpipe exhaust and the gas tank is beyond empty. whats left inside the tank is currently 91 octane and i think i will make a permanent switch to 94.) Maybe i sucked in water or maybe i need to run a colder plug??? anyone know of a spark plug that will work with my setup?
mods are
-3.5" downpipe
-3" exhaust
-K&N filter ( not CAI )
-850cc bosch injectors
-hondata tune (listed above)

Any body have any comments It would be appreciated

Heres the Datalog
D-Rob

Post by D-Rob »

One or two knock counts in those areas are fairly minor.

I do suggest having the car tuned, though. The trims are all over the place.

Myself, along with a few others offer remote tuning services for this application.
sean

Post by sean »

Ok, I'm definitely going to get it tuned but I was going to consider a dyno tune, if you can make a tune that will help make the car run better than I am all ears , it would be a temp fix until I go to the dyno

Problems
- rough idle...especially when AC is on
- s trim at idle is 5-10%....with a 14.6-15:1 air fuel ratio BUT the car smells like it's running extremely rich. If I'm stuck in traffic I will die ( no cats)
-possible map sensor problem ( threw an over boost code last night 16psi) map should read to 25 np.
- would like to fine tune the timing and boost, I think there's still a lot of room to play with.

Let me know what you think Rob, and what the pricing would be
the_wrench116

Post by the_wrench116 »

are you on acurazine? how did it turn out?
sean

Post by sean »

No, not on any forms...still woring out problems...would like the car to be done properly before I post it up on acurazine...so far mods are 3.5" downpipe, into a 3 inch exhaust to muffler ( heat wrapped ). 850 cc injectors, cold air intake ( a massive one ) and a front mount....noticeable difference over stock....before i did the front mount and intake i was running low 14s...like 14.30s and was hitting 60 in about 6 seconds. Then i had the car dyno tuned...not sure how it happened but according to the tuner i was making 240whp and 330 wtq....took it back to the track and lost 2 seconds on my 0-60 and was running high 15s.....got my money back...and reset the car to my last tune....after the front mount and the intake and a custom tune by yours truly ...my best 0-60 time was around 5.3....have not had the time to bring it to the 1/4 but im hoping to bust into the 13s this year. Im still trying to get all the bugs out and have it run well before i take it to a dyno tuner again....i believe there is still a lot more left in this engine.
boosted11

Post by boosted11 »

Where did you get your RDX tuned that they did that bad ??