Flash pro not downloading to ecu

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
sean

Flash pro not downloading to ecu

Post by sean »

Hey,

So I have a 2007 Rdx and when I upload the flashpro ( Rdx tuned folder) i get zero results. While loading the tune, it goes through a cycle and my dash lights up, it seems to contact the computer and load in something, but in the end there are no gains or difference in performance.

I read a lot of articles about the hondata tune and I'm looking for the same base tune I would get by sending out my ecu.i only got the flashpro because I'm fabricating a DP and exhaust and plan to maybe get 800cc injectors in the future and I wanted the flexibility the flashpro offered. I would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Flash pro not downloading to ecu

Post by Spunkster »

How are you measuring the differences in power?

What calibration are you uploading?
sean

Post by sean »

Spunkster wrote:How are you measuring the differences in power?

What calibration are you uploading?
Butt dyno, 26 horsepower would be very noticeable, also it says on the hondata website that in S (sport mode) the rev limiter is raised rpm around 7200...and mine still bounces off the limiter at the stock 6400-6500rpm.

the program i have loaded onto my car is ( RDX-2007-2-Tuned )

I go to "New Calibration"
select ( RDX-2007-2-tuned)
plug in flashpro to computer and obd2port
press upload calibration

at this point everything seems like its working fine, lights on dash flash "VSA", "TPMS" and all the other lights and then the flashpro asks me to turn ignition off. At this time I shut ignition unplug flashpro, and take around block to notice any gains....and everytime the car feels and acts stock...

what does one do in this situation?

Thanks, Kindly,

Sean
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you be more specific about the process you are going through?
press upload calibration
How are you uploading the calibration? From the laptop or from the FlashPro or from both? What do the lights on the FlashPro? How long does the process take? In FlashProManager after an upload in the FlashPro window does it show the calibration is stock or not stock?
An easy way of checking is to set the rev limiter or speed limiter low and check that it has an effect.
Hondata
sean

Post by sean »

Hondata wrote:Can you be more specific about the process you are going through?
press upload calibration
How are you uploading the calibration? From the laptop or from the FlashPro or from both? What do the lights on the FlashPro? How long does the process take? In FlashProManager after an upload in the FlashPro window does it show the calibration is stock or not stock?
An easy way of checking is to set the rev limiter or speed limiter low and check that it has an effect.
I was going to do that, set my speed limiter low to see if it has any effect.

Ok so the process is I open flashpro software on my laptop, plug in the flashpro hardware, with both flashpro hardware and software and laptop i upload the tune. I have tried just using the flashpro by pressing the "program" button and it has the same effect. all the lights are green on the computer ( checkmarks or whatnot)

the process takes a couple of minutes 1-2 roughly if i were to guess ( this is the time the flashpro is uploading onto my computer and says "do not unplug key from ignition" )

and the final question which is one that confuses me is that when i check my last calibration it has the last tune i have uploaded indicated. so Iv tried a couple of tunes from stock oem tune, stock tuned and stock with a cold air intake to see if there was any difference....all seems to be identical. Now MY car is a Canadian car because thats where i live...is there anyway the codes on a Canadian ECU would be different from an American that would prevent the tune from taking place resorting with the computer using a default tune???

I have no check engine lights on or anything so the computer is not in limp in mode...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

How are you uploading the calibration? ie what button or menu item are you pressing?
In FlashProManager after an upload in the FlashPro window does it show the calibration is stock or not stock?
Can you use the 'send support information to Hondata' function from the help menu, with everything plugged in and the ignition on?
Hondata
sean

Post by sean »

ok in sent the support information

Thanks for the quick replies
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please answer the other questions in my above post.
It appears to be uploading correctly. You are switching FlashProManager versions, which causes problems. Download the latest version (currently 2.2.8) and don't roll back versions.
Hondata
sean

Post by sean »

Hondata wrote:How are you uploading the calibration? ie what button or menu item are you pressing?
In FlashProManager after an upload in the FlashPro window does it show the calibration is stock or not stock?
Can you use the 'send support information to Hondata' function from the help menu, with everything plugged in and the ignition on?
Ok, so once iv selected the desired tune in the "new calibration" menu, I make sure that all the green checkmarks are lit Driver, Flashpro, OBDII ECU and LIVE and then i just press the upload the current calibration to the ECU.

I have also tired to plug in the flashpro to the OBDII port and just hold down the "Program" button.

when i check the flashpro window normally it says the tune I have selected, but now im looking
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Don't upload the calibration stored on the FlashPro, instead, just click on the upload arrow at the top of the FlashPro software.
sean

Post by sean »

Spunkster wrote:Don't upload the calibration stored on the FlashPro, instead, just click on the upload arrow at the top of the FlashPro software.
ok, how will i know this is the right tune for me? Im just going to open my laptop...plug the flashpro to my laptop and OBD port and once all the green presss the upload arrow without selecting any calibrations??

also, i would like to know...are there any tunes in the software that would be dangerous for me to run?? for instance if i upload the wrong tune by accident is there anything that could

Is there anyway you guys can do a remote access kind of thing if it doesnt upload?...

Anyway Ill give it a shot tomorow morning...
sean

Post by sean »

Yeah I've tried everything I could to get it to load....no Bueno
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Give a step by step of exactly what you are clicking and where you are clicking.

If you load a calibration from the new calibration button that just loads it into FlashPro manager . You must then upload to the ECU. We need to know exactly what you are doing.
sean

Post by sean »

So I was able to limit my speed to 35MPH so i know my computer is interacting with the flashpro

step by step

-open laptop and flashpro software
-plug flashpro into computer
-plug flashpro into OBD port
-select "new calibration" on flashpro software
-select RDX-2007-2-TUNED 410CC US RDX 2007, stock tuned
-UPLOAD
- wait 5 minutes until computer software asks me to turn off ignition
- go for ride

so i realize that my stock 0-60 time was consistently 6.8 seconds before tune...and with tune using the same software on the same day i ran a 7.0 with a passenger. so i cant tell you if the car gained horsepower...because i dont feel it.....but it hasnt gotten any faster

only mods I have are a K&N filter

Also Iv read that the hondata tune reaises the rev limiter to 7200RPM in SPORT mode.....in my case, once the tune is uploaded it cuts at 6900

not sure whats going on...Is the tune I have on my software the same tune I would get if i sent out my ECU to you guys???

Thanks
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

If you look under 'Rev Limits' for that calibration, the limiter is set to 6900 rpm.