s300 bluetooth freezing

carnot

s300 bluetooth freezing

Post by carnot »

Hello, I am experiencing an issue with bluetooth connections between devices and my s300. The problem is very similar to this post:

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=23503

This seems to be a problem that has popped up in the past couple of weeks. Previously I could connect with my app and monitor sensors without issue but now it may connect for a few minutes and then freeze.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: s300 bluetooth freezing

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using resistor or non-resistor spark plugs?
carnot

Post by carnot »

Resistor type plugs. NGK BKR7E-11, been running this same plug type for years now.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This may be a problem with the device you are using the app on. Have you tried restarting the device?
carnot

Post by carnot »

Yes, restarting my device does not fix the issue. If i turn off the car and back on it will reconnect but only for a minute or two, very similar to the kpro issue i linked in the original post.

What was the resolution to that particular issue? It looks like he had to send the ECU back to hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It was never sent in or they never contacted us for the RMA. The s300 and K-Pro cannot be compared as they are completely different hardware.

Have the capacitors been replaced in your ECU?
carnot

Post by carnot »

Yes, when i sent my ECU in to get upgraded to the new s300 with Bluetooth capability I also had you guys replace all the capacitors.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the key in the on position but not running, will datalogging stay connected?
Turbosol

Post by Turbosol »

Did anyone ever figure out the cause? I'm having the same problem, it connects great but then freezes right around 2 minutes in every time, I tried both Bluetooth 3 and 4 but both do it. The capacitors on my ecu were replaced as well when I upgraded. Also, I love the fuel mileage feature but sometimes it doesn't read anything for some reason.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm With the key in the on position but not running, will datalogging stay connected?
Turbosol

Post by Turbosol »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:58 am
Spunkster wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm With the key in the on position but not running, will datalogging stay connected?
Where is datalogging? You mean like the graphing tab? I'd be happy to try wherever it is.

I saw Hondata app released an update today with a fix for connection problems, I thought at first that it solved the problem but now right at 2 minutes each time it freezes and won't reconnect unless I turn off the car then on again. The app says something about "searching for null" or something like that if I try to connect without restarting the car.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.