Page 1 of 2

knock control

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 pm
by DomGSR-T
Is it normal that the knock control is always at 55% on the TL? Based on 3 different TL with hondata I looked? So no timing corrections based on knock sensors?

Re: knock control

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 am
by pepperdanky
On the Civic cals it starts at 55% and goes up/down from there depending on the amount of knock detected.

Re: knock control

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 am
by Spunkster
Can you post datalogs as well as your calibration so we can take a look?

Re: knock control

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:23 pm
by DomGSR-T
pepperdanky wrote:On the Civic cals it starts at 55% and goes up/down from there depending on the amount of knock detected.

Thanks for the reply! So when there's no knocks the value changes? Because from the logs of 3 different TL It seems stuck at 55% forever... even when knocks occures...

Re: knock control

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:23 pm
by sockr1
my knock control level is also stuck at 55%. I have a 2008 Acura TL-S, any idea on why it's stuck at this level?

Re: knock control

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 pm
by DomGSR-T
Knock ignition limit high and low table were altered by etuning services on all maps... I have set it back to stock settings and see if it works now. I'm pretty sure it will...

Re: knock control

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:46 pm
by UTAH Type-S
Bump on this thread
My knock sensor is stuck on 0% and it always has even with a new sensor stock knock maps or not even when it counts knock

Re: knock control

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 am
by Spunkster
Spunkster wrote:Can you post datalogs as well as your calibration so we can take a look?

Re: knock control

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:43 pm
by UTAH Type-S
here is the last log and most recent revision to my tune

Re: knock control

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 pm
by Spunkster
This seems normal as far as we can tell. You can try higher octane, but since there is no knock, it's really a non-issue.

Re: knock control

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:39 am
by UTAH Type-S
What im worried about is if you look at knock level on the graph of the datalog it is completely flat. 0% the whole time even if knock is counted. If its not looking at the k.level then what does it see when it counts knock. If you like i can send you a log with knock recorded so you can see the graph is dead there too.

Re: knock control

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:49 pm
by UTAH Type-S
Here is an old log that has knock, if you look at the knock graphs with only the k.count and k.level you will notice that there is no recorded change in k.level but knock is being counted. Is there a way to read an output voltage from the knock sensor so I can at least see what it is seeing? Ive been through a couple motors now and would like to have a more reliable way to look at possible detonation and where it likes to happen in the logs. I can pull the spark plugs, but that will only tell me if there was detonation at some point. But I will be left in the dark as far as at what point in the rpm/boost range it happened.

Re: knock control

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:52 pm
by UTAH Type-S
UTAH Type-S wrote:Here is an old log that has knock, if you look at the knock graphs with only the k.count and k.level you will notice that there is no recorded change in k.level but knock is being counted. Is there a way to read an output voltage from the knock sensor so I can at least see what it is seeing? Ive been through a couple motors now and would like to have a more reliable way to look at possible detonation and where it likes to happen in the logs. I can pull the spark plugs, but that will only tell me if there was detonation at some point. But I will be left in the dark as far as at what point in the rpm/boost range it happened.
....
DeanRev57.fpcal
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
dean rev 57.fpdl
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 75 times

Re: knock control

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:42 am
by UTAH TSX
This makes tuning this car a joke, we have no idea of the knock level or if the sensor is even working, what are we supposed to do just crank up the boost until it counts knock to see if the knock sensor is actually working LOL, we really need a answer to this problem
Thank you (this TL is my sons car)

Re: knock control

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:36 am
by UTAH Type-S
Just pulled a plug today and I have definitely been detonating. Haven't recorded any knocks in my recent logs and the sensor still reads dead this is becoming an issue. I don't feel safe driving my car seeing as i cant see where knock us happening.