2015 SI tune help

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
EFICU

Re: 2015 SI tune help

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I just realized both datalog were pretty short, but yeah shoot for at least 20 minutes because average data is what we need. When the datalog is only seven minutes, we don't get a lot of average data. So shoot for 20 minutes at least. And on the WOT pull in third gear, try to get it down as close to 2500 rpms as you can and then go WOT all the way to 7500. We need a nice full sweep of the WOT pull to get all the WOT fuel dialed.

Other than it's looking pretty good. No problem on the idle settings, does the car idle better at 1500 as opposed to 1200 when you start it? I also noticed the car is idling at 900-1000 in this datalog, did it do that in the first datalog. It should be idling at 750.

Anyways, here is the next one. We're really close on the WOT fueling. We nee some more data to make sure the MAF is scaled properly. We're definitely close though which is good.

I used your file as a base for this, but feel free to look it over to double check anything.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev03.fpcal
(22.77 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

The idle is because it starts at 1500 then holds 1200 until warm stock. in the cold weather i think it will warm quicker idle at 1500 the whole time
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah no problem, I was just curious if you liked that idle better even in these temps? I left the idle settings how they were in the Hondata basemap, but have always wondered if 1500 on cold starts would be better. If you like the way it starts at 1500, maybe I should change my basemaps to 1500 for future guys. It will probably start and do everything a lot nicer in the cold weather at 1500.
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

I took 2 logs this time. i like the 1500 cold start because its faster than normal warm up time, some guys with loud setups might appreciate the lower cold start. Im on a farm so no neighbors to piss off. lol
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
datalog0003.fpdl
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks really good. Had a few knock here and there, so I made some changes for that. Also made some MAF scale adjustments too. WOT fueling looks really good. It's getting there, maybe anothe revision or two, but it's really close.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev04.fpcal
(22.83 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

not that it would matter but i got a hasssport 62a bottom mount installed now too.
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(4.72 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good again, I made a few MAF scale adjustments for part throttle fuel. WOT fuel looked good, we didn't have a clean third gear pull, but the short pulls you did weren't too bad. I will wait to make WOT fuel adjustments until the next datalog. So shoot for a clean third gear pull as best you can.

Four out of the five knock were right off idle when taking off from a stop, only one of them was a legit knock while driving. I made some ignition adjustments to try to stop the off idle knock if possible. We will see in this next one. No rush, whenever you have time, it all looks really good.

Same datalog and driving style.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev05.fpcal
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

Idle on that one felt better for sure! this one should have a few WOT for the data, overall feels good just driving it!
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(4.74 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Definitely better. We still had a few knock in drive off and gear changes. We'll see how it looks in this one after making some changes for that again.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev06.fpcal
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

Finally got some nicer weather! i got the q300 installed for this log
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

Attachments
datalog0007.fpdl
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good even with the new exhaust. I made a few MAF scaling adjustments and a few WOT adjustments. There are still a few knocks on drive off, but I don't have any more control over ignition where they are happening. It's just a driving style and how you rev it when taking off deal. Not a bad thing, just a driving style. It's not raising the knock control value when those take off knock are occurring, so it's not impacting anything. They could be false too.

Take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev06.fpcal
(22.88 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

The car feels smoother! First log was a bit short so here's 2. My RBC manifold just came in so I'll need some rdx injectors,3.5" intake and the zdx throttle body next. I might look into getting some fresh sparkplugs when I do my next maintenance, any recommendations considering my plans?
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(4.21 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
datalog0008.fpdl
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good. Still a couple knock in the main area, so I made some ignition adjustments there.

Not sure we discussed all this before, but with the RBC it's an entirely new tune basically. Our current fuel and ignition tables won't work at all. So when the RBC goes on we will have to start all over and tune it the long route. Since that will be the bulk of your full bolt on mods, it would be good to go in and tune each cam angle one by one. I would also recommend doing it all at once, as the RDXs change everything just like the intake does. Let me know your plans so we can prepare for the next step.

If you get RDXs, please be sure to buy them from a reputable place. I had a guy who I am working with right now purchase some that turned out to be fake. Luckily we caught it before he installed them. Here is some great info on how to spot fakes and why they are so terrible. The big giveaway of fake RDXs is the lack of a green o-ring on the bottom side of the injector. The fakes will have two black o-ring on it, the OEM has a black o-ring and a green one. You'll see in the photos provided in the link below.
https://iconicauto-design.com/blogs/new ... -injectors

The general consensus on plugs is NGK is the best option, with Denso being very much on par with them. It's all preference, but I would go with NGK or Denso for sure. The NGK # should be NGK 5787.
https://www.ngk.com/ngk-5787-ilzkr7b-11 ... spark-plug
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... VF2Q%3D%3D

Here is the next one. Let me know your plans on installing the RBC intake, as that changes the direction of our tune.
Cashman.Hybrid.Rev07.fpcal
(22.81 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Z_Cashman

Post by Z_Cashman »

I did some playing with the rev hang and cold start, here's the log and file.
Attachments
Cashman.SD.Rev01.fpcal
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
datalog0010.fpdl
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 61 times