2013 SI Exhaust and CAI base map

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Slobo

2013 SI Exhaust and CAI base map

Post by Slobo »

Just reflashed my 2013 SI and got a running to rich code. Is there somewhere I can download a base map for a buddy club spec 2 exhaust. With a k&n CAI. Just want to run one till I can get a tune or something but don’t want my motor to blow up
EFICU

Re: 2013 SI Exhaust and CAI base map

Post by EFICU »

Can you post your datalog and calibration?

Do you plan on getting tuned in the near future?

Any plans to add parts soon, or are you running the setup for the foreseeable future?
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

im currently running the PRL map on 93 oct and plan on getting tuned later along the road when i decide to do rbc. may get DP soon how do i upload the data log? not sure on that but i have it ready
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's why it's so rich then. That PRL calibration is designed for a mass airflow based tune for their custom intake. It shouldn't be used on anything other than the PRL intake. You need a speed density tune for your intake setup. So that makes sense as to why you're so rich.

If you're planning on making some changes with the DP and perhaps an RBC, we can put you on a file some mine with close mods, then make the changes necessary for your car over a few revisions. I normally like to tune them the proper way which is by doing cam angles individually, but I would hate to do that now and then redo it when you get a DP or RBC. I'd rather spend the time making it perfect when you have your specific mods you plan to keep for a long time. Up to you though. We can certainly get it really good within a few revisions with you current setup, and definitely get you away from the super rich condition.
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

got it
Attachments
Data log 1.fpdl
(148.91 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
2013 Si PRL tune.fpcal
(21.04 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It's definitely rich. I wouldn't recommend driving it anymore until we get you on another calibration.
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

Would it be best to just go with stock reflash for now?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I wouldn't go back to the reflash, I can send you a file to get started on right now if you want. Then we can dial it in over a few revisions. The stock reflash will be okay I guess, just not ideal because it utilizes the MAF sensor for fueling instead being speed density. So the fueling will still be off, though nowhere near like it is right now. Right now the fuel trims are almost maxed trying to remove fuel and it's still rich.

If you want to tune it, we can get it done in 3-5 revisions. Then when you get your downpipe or RBC on we can do a complete tune the long way when you have your mods set for a while. I would recommend doing the RBC and DP at the same time, that way you can make one tune for all of it. Otherwise, you'll be spending a lot of money on tuning and retuning you know.
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

How much do you charge. sounds like a plan tbh
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Slobo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:23 pm How much do you charge. sounds like a plan tbh
I leave the money up to you guys. If you're happy at the end and want to throw me a few bucks that's cool, if not, that's fine too. Let me know if you want to go ahead and get working on it and I will send you the first file.
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

Yessir I want to do it. will I see some gains as well?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Slobo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:39 pm Yessir I want to do it. will I see some gains as well?
Sounds good. I will do the best I can for you. Your intake air temps are very high, there is only so much we can do at that point. The K&N intake draws in very warm air unfortunately. Will you feel an increase over what you've been driving on, yes definitely.

So here is the first calibration. For datalogs, we need them in the 20 minute range of stop and go type driving. Also, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7600. Only do one WOT pull in third gear on this first one so I can make any big adjustments before you get after it.

What octane fuel do you run? Also, in the "calibration" tab of the\is calibration is my email address. Please fill out the info there so I have it, and email it to me at the email address there. That way I have it for my customer files, I don't want you to put that info online here.
Slobo.SD.Rev.01 (vtec4300).fpcal
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Slobo

Post by Slobo »

Slobo

Post by Slobo »

start up
Attachments
datalog new 1.fpdl
(7.34 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Give this one a try and see how it goes. This is just a Hondata basemap.
Slobo Hondata Basemap Test.fpcal
(22.03 KiB) Downloaded 99 times