2014 civic si with k&n sri and magnaflow cat-back exhaust

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
GabGagnon

Re: 2014 civic si with k&n sri and magnaflow cat-back exhaust

Post by GabGagnon »

EFICU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 pm No problem. So it looks like it might use some of the 40* for a small portion, so that's good. In this next one, I have vtec set at 5400 rpms so I can see the fueling under the vtec engagement to determine vtec engagement properly. This will give you a glmipse of what it will feel like, just vtec is a little high. Right now it looks like 4900 might be the sweet spot for vtec, but we will know after this one. Take this one for a drive, then we'll determine vtec and the next revisions will be the first glimpse of the final product.

GabGagnon.SD.Rev05 Blended (Vtec5400).fpcal
all right here it's the datalog 5
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(5.19 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay. It looks like vtec should be happy at 4600 after looking at that one. This one has everything blended out for you, see what you think. We might make a few more adjustments, but this one has everything on and blended out like it should be.

On this drive, drive it however aggressive you want, shoot for atleast twenty minutes still. Also, make at least one pull in third gear like you have been, and make one or two in fourth gear from 3000-7000. If you can run the fourth gear pulls to 7600 that would be great, but I don't want you getting too fast in the street

See what you think.
GabGagnon.SD.Rev06 Blended (Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.47 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

EFICU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 pm Okay. It looks like vtec should be happy at 4600 after looking at that one. This one has everything blended out for you, see what you think. We might make a few more adjustments, but this one has everything on and blended out like it should be.

On this drive, drive it however aggressive you want, shoot for atleast twenty minutes still. Also, make at least one pull in third gear like you have been, and make one or two in fourth gear from 3000-7000. If you can run the fourth gear pulls to 7600 that would be great, but I don't want you getting too fast in the street

See what you think.

GabGagnon.SD.Rev06 Blended (Vtec4600).fpcal
Nice it’s look nice! I ça n’y drive now beacause off the covid we are in lock down after 9h pm.. I will try it tomorow! Thank you for your help! I will put an alarm to drive earlier un the day so we can finish the basemap tomorow!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Good old Covid restrictions. We’ll see how it looks tomorrow.

You’re welcome.
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

Good morning, I just did my datalog06! WOOOW I feel the difference!
I did a more aggressive type of driving. I did the WOT on the fourth gear! 3000-7600!! WOOOW 108 mph!

Thank you a lot!
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(5.34 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hello,

Yeah it looks really good. No knock at all, even with all that spirited driving which is great.

Here is the next one for you. I put a couple degrees of timing in it on the high cam to see if it likes it, or if we have met the ignition limit. Feel free to drive it however you want, still shoot for 20 minute datalogs, and do the fourth gear pull or two again to at least 7000. I hate having you go so fast on street, so please be as safe as possible. The fourth gear pulls let us know if it will knock or not under that much load, so if you can run it out to 7000 or so in fourth that helps get it right for you. Looks like it's pulling pretty good though.
GabGagnon.SD.Rev07 Blended +2 High Cam.fpcal
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

Hey, this is the datalog007. I did twice the fourth gear at 7600 and I did a couple of third.
Ooo.. and I miss shift! lol

thank you!
Attachments
datalog0007.fpdl
(4.67 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. Had some knock creep up, so I went back to the old ignition map, I think we were good on ignition before. We'll see how this one looks. We're just about there honestly.
GabGagnon.SD.Rev08 Blended.fpcal
(23.51 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

EFICU wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 pm Looks really good. Had some knock creep up, so I went back to the old ignition map, I think we were good on ignition before. We'll see how this one looks. We're just about there honestly.

GabGagnon.SD.Rev08 Blended.fpcal
It's all right! we need to take are time! I don't want to ruin my car. I prefer that you take your time.

My airbag light turn on after installing the program.. and now it don't want to turn off.. I wish it would turn off.. I don't want to go to the mechanic..

What do you think it's the best rpm to launch control the car? When you will said to me that I can launch control my car I will try.. don't be surprised if you see something new in my driving!😂😂

Thank you!
Attachments
datalog0008.fpdl
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That one looked good. Still had a couple knock, one part throttle and one when you went into 5th gear. So I made some changes for both.

Launch control is set at 3200, so you can give it a try if you want there and see what you think. Do you want no lift shift enabled as well? When you can shift without taking your foot off the gas?

Here is the next one for you.
GabGagnon.SD.Rev09 Blended.fpcal
(23.47 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

EFICU wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:13 pm That one looked good. Still had a couple knock, one part throttle and one when you went into 5th gear. So I made some changes for both.

Launch control is set at 3200, so you can give it a try if you want there and see what you think. Do you want no lift shift enabled as well? When you can shift without taking your foot off the gas?

Here is the next one for you.

GabGagnon.SD.Rev09 Blended.fpcal
Okay thanks im making dinner im right on after my dinner. Do u want a big pull on 5th gear? I can try.. the no lift shift it’s not good for my car? It is like a power shifting?
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

This is the datalog0009. Yeah Yeah I tried the 5th to 7000rpm LOL.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

I don't know if the datalog009 download well.. It's why I reupload it. I wish it work now.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Fueling looks great. Still chasing a few knock from the 5th gear pulls and stuff. Eben though I'm sure you don't plan on making a lot of 5th gear pulls, I still made some adjustments. Take this one for a drive just like you have been. Try not to do any long 5th gear pulls, but you can do third and fourth gear pulls.

We should be pretty close on this one I think.
GabGagnon.SD.Rev10 Blended.fpcal
(23.55 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
GabGagnon

Post by GabGagnon »

This is the datalog10. Yeah I miss shift 3 time...🙄🙄

Thank you!