2015 Si using 2014 Si BaseMap. Will I require an immediate change?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
mikadigitalfira

2015 Si using 2014 Si BaseMap. Will I require an immediate change?

Post by mikadigitalfira »

Hi, I just uploaded the 2014 BaseMap ReFlash due to the 2015 not being an option. Is this going to damage my car?

Currently I am running stock with a Weapon R SRI.

Can anyone help me with a proper tune for this year? I'll even take a tutorial on doing so if possible!

Thanks in advanced.
EFICU

Re: 2015 Si using 2014 Si BaseMap. Will I require an immediate change?

Post by EFICU »

mikadigitalfira wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29 pm Hi, I just uploaded the 2014 BaseMap ReFlash due to the 2015 not being an option. Is this going to damage my car?

Currently I am running stock with a Weapon R SRI.

Can anyone help me with a proper tune for this year? I'll even take a tutorial on doing so if possible!

Thanks in advanced.
14-15 ECU's are the same, so you'll be fine. Just don't upload a 12 or 13, they are independent on their own and will not upload to the ECU. They won't damage your ECU, they just fail to upload.

The basefile will need quite a bit of adjustments in most cases being that you have the SRI. Nothing too intensive, do to it right though takes some time and effort. You want to tune each cam angle individually and then build your cam angle map from that.

I can help you with it if you'd like. I don't know how much of a tutorial I can do as it is difficult to explain in some cases, but I can explain the changes I make as we go so you can see where the changes are and why.

Let me know.
mikadigitalfira

That’s very kind of you to offer thank you!

I’m very much a novice but very enthusiastic to learn more about tuning my car. Sadly I wouldn’t know where to start. What would you suggest I look at first? Any specific resources I should study?

Also thank you for the well said explication. That makes perfect sense.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Depends on if you are trying to get knowledge for free, or willing to pay for instructional videos. Evans Tuning has some great courses that can help you learn to tune. He seems to change his business model over time, he has a one year subscription for $549 or monthly at $49. You can find some videos on youtube where guys give tutorials for free. There are some things in the background you want to adjust to make the car drive how you want it, those are hard to find in free tutorials. The paid ones will be a little more in depth on everything, naturally.

The main two things that can get you into trouble are ignition and fuel of course. I would focus on those two aspects to understand first before you get into doing too much work on the tune yourself. There really is no crazy knowledge to tune a bolt on NA 9th gen. When you get into cams, boosted applications, stuff like that, then you really need to know what you're doing before you start to dabble there.

Where are you located?
mikadigitalfira

Makes a lot of sense. Well as I do with anything new I will try the free stuff first to get familiar with the skill.

Located in Miami Florida.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah look around and see what you think. If you have questions, feel free to PM or something and I can help you discuss them. Once you get comfortable and ready to go, I can send you a basemap to get start so you're in the ballpark and build from that. If you change your mind and want help tuning it, let me know too.

One thing to note in your search of free advice, just like anything on the internet these days, make sure you find information that aligns from multiple sources. Some free tutorials may not be ideal, so if you don't see similar techniques and tips from multiple sources, you might steer clear of them. But like I said, if you have a question on something send me a PM and I can help clarify or stop you from doing something that may not be ideal.
mikadigitalfira

Thanks brother I really appreciate it. I'll be reaching out via PM soon!

Till then, have a great one.