MAF vs Reflash

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
rspervier@gmail.com

MAF vs Reflash

Post by rspervier@gmail.com »

Does anyone have any experience running the MAFtuned pre-loaded calibration? I have been running the stock reflash for the last couple of weeks. The only mod I am running is a Skunk2 Megapower RR catback exhaust. I am looking to unlock more power out of the engine. Does anyone have any suggestions for e-tuners now that Vit is out of the Honda tuning scene?
EFICU

Re: MAF vs Reflash

Post by EFICU »

I have always felt the MAP based tunes perform better in my experience. Although with minimal mods, a MAF based tune would be just fine. Before I got into tuning I used a Hondata basemap in an 8th gen, and the MAP based file felt a lot better than the MAF based tune. Could have been personal experience, but it remember clearly for myself.

The guys over at e-tunez have a good reputation. They took a bit of back seat when Vit was tuning through their website. But Rulo and Steve have a good reputation I believe still. I would say Evan's Tuning, he is really good, but I believe he has taken a step back from tuning to build his Evan's Performance Academy venture. As far as guys on here, Typer86 seems to have an immense amount knowledge from the posts I have seen from him. You might hit him up and see if he is still helping people on here. Otherwise, I can help you work on a MAP based tune. I already posted on your other thread about it, so no need to go over it again. Just wanted to throw my .02 in.