k20/k24 turbo issue with misfire

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
ConnorLipke

k20/k24 turbo issue with misfire

Post by ConnorLipke »

Hello Hondata people I am hoping you may be able to shine some light on an issue i am having,

I reached out to you guys on some issues with the car idling in a closed loop and achieved good results and i thank you for that. I am now working to get the car on the dyno and before i could start calibrating, i came across a strange misfire issue that only occurs after 1000 rpm once the engine has warmed up to operating tempature. I started with mechanical possibilities like coil on plugs, better spark plugs, and a good valve adjustment but neither of these seem to be the issue. I have attatched a datalog of an idle where i added load and experienced these symptoms much greater but ultimately is misfiring for a majority of the datalog indicated in the error window. the car sounds smooth at idle with no light indicating misfire.

I am using BKR7e spark plugs,and k24z7 coil on plugs. If there is any other information you require on the matter i can certainly provide you with what is needed
Attachments
weird misfire issue160819.fpdl
(105.99 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
ConnorLipke

Re: k20/k24 turbo issue with misfire

Post by ConnorLipke »

i forgot to include the calibration my apologies. I have attatched it to this message
Attachments
dlm2.fpcal
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: k20/k24 turbo issue with misfire

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have an aftermarket clutch and flywheel?