Knock count HELP!!!

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Gustavo424

Knock count HELP!!!

Post by Gustavo424 »

Hi. my name is Gustavo, i have a honda civic SI 2012 sedan. I dont know anything about tuning, i was wondering what does the knocks do to your car? i have a hondata flashpro with a base map for PRL-Short ram intake, the car also has invidia N1 catback, i dont have the downpipe yet. i was looking at the datalogs (which i have no clue what im looking) and i see a lot of knocks happening specially on cylinder 3. i have the hondata app and i noticed that the knocks happen only when the vtec kicks in and they are less common when the A/C is off. how can i avoid this from happening? i will tune my car with a professional tuner but i wanted to wait for the downpipe first. i will attach he datalogs so you can take a look at it if possible. thanks!!
Attachments
datalog2.fpdl
datalog 2
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
datalog 1.fpdl
datalog 1
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Knock count HELP!!!

Post by Spunkster »

The knock count is very low and isn't anything to worry much about. Once it is tuned you should have virtually no knock count. You can try reducing the timing slightly in the areas that it is knocking, but if you are unsure of how to do this then just wait for the tuner.