tune problem???

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
kcl489

tune problem???

Post by kcl489 »

Hi guys! I have tune with vit, only mod is a skunk2 down-pipe. I just want to know something that sometimes happen with my car; When im driving at low rpms in a parking lot for example, my car jerk.. the feeling is like someone just hit you from back.. Exactly happen when you depress the gas pedal(normal, not rough or anything) from 2500 rpms and the rpm is dropping is when jerking happen..

My car has only 8000 miles, is a 2015 si coupe. is the rear motor mount the cause of that? or just the tune? vit no answer me..
thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: tune problem???

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like it could be a tuning issue. You need to discuss this with your tuner. You could also check your mounts just to be sure they are ok.
kcl489

Post by kcl489 »

Well, I returned the car to stock tune, the car feel better, the throttle feel better and i feel the car stronger in all the gears when you push the gas.. so.. i don't know what happened, can the fuel affect that? i live in Venezuela and fuel here is supposed to be 95Ron.. Right know this country has problem with fuel delivery, refining etc.. and people say that the 95 octane is false.. I don't know how to determine if the fuel is good in octane.. but i was thinking if the stock tune can react better with lower octane??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to datalog and look at the knock information to see if it is registering knock and that could be effecting your tune.
kcl489

Post by kcl489 »

knocks count with the tune is in total like 7 in all the cylinders.. depends in how much time i spend with the datalog, so if i make like 45 min of datalog in spirited driving, the knocks counts is higher
Gustavo424

Post by Gustavo424 »

i have a similar problem but my car hasn't been tuned yet. i do feel the jerk you mention at low RPMs it started happening after i uploaded a base map for PRL short ram intake. first i had the basemap for stock engine with no problem, the car drove perfectly. once i intalled the PRL short ram intake and upload the base map for it, the jerk started to happen. i also have an invidia N1 catback and those are the only two mods i have for "performance". this are my datalogs.
Attachments
datalog 1.fpdl
datalog 1
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
datalog2.fpdl
datalog 2
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
davv2

Post by davv2 »

kcl489:

I have the same problem with my 2015 Si. I have a tune with Vit and no other mods. I had the tune running on my car for three straight months. Initially, it felt great when I first flashed it. Three months later, I had noticed that the power really felt down. Reset the ECU to stock, and now it feels much better (smoother and more powerful). I am planning on reflashing the Vit tune tonight to compare to stock again.

Did you find the cause of your problem?