Radiator fans won't turn off

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
ipalpha

Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha »

Customer was at a Honda dealer. They erased his tune. Brought the car to me. I updated Flash Pro firmware to 2.2.1.0. Uploaded the map. Now the passenger side fan won't turn off at all.
ipalpha

Re: Radiator fans won't turn off

Post by ipalpha »

Uploaded the stock calibration. Same thing. It didn't do this prior.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What vehicle? Calibration? When you say stock calibration, do you mean return to stock or a stock equivalent? Why was the vehicle at the Honda dealer?
Hondata
ipalpha

Post by ipalpha »

Hondata wrote:What vehicle? Calibration? When you say stock calibration, do you mean return to stock or a stock equivalent? Why was the vehicle at the Honda dealer?
2012 USDM MT Honda Civic Si. Sorry. I meant stock equivalent. I hadn't returned back to stock yet. He took it to Honda because it was overheating.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Reflash using 'return to stock'. Bleed the cooling system and check that the second ECT sensor is working.
Hondata
ipalpha

Post by ipalpha »

Hondata wrote:Reflash using 'return to stock'. Bleed the cooling system and check that the second ECT sensor is working.
After 'return to stock' I will not be able to turn the car on with 1000cc fuel injectors. With it flash now they both read but the second ect sensor reads lower (145 compared to 190).
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

How did Honda reflash the ECU and diagnose the problem was fixed with 1000cc injectors? Did it have stock injectors then?
ECT & ECT2 are normal. I do not believe that this is the ECU forcing the radiator fan on.
Hondata
ipalpha

Post by ipalpha »

Hondata wrote:How did Honda reflash the ECU and diagnose the problem was fixed with 1000cc injectors? Did it have stock injectors then?
ECT & ECT2 are normal. I do not believe that this is the ECU forcing the radiator fan on.
No idea. Customer brought it to them. They flashed the ecm back to stock for some reason. No. It had everything I mentioned. No idea why he took it to Honda to diagnose overheating. I will 'return to stock' today and see if the radiator fans turn off at least with key on