Basic tune question

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
AZnewbee

Basic tune question

Post by AZnewbee »

I have a basic question... I am trying to figure out if the 200 bucks and the hours and hours of updating is worth paying for a custom E tune.... not gonna name names for the guy doing it but I hear he is the best and have nothing bad to say about him or his work as I have never done this before... with that said I have a few questions... If someone puts a specific brand CAI and a specific brand Cat back Ex. on an identical car should the Final tune be the same from car to car? I realize all cars are a little different but aren't the stock ECU's all loaded with identical MAPS? now if someone wants that last .125 of a HP then yes it is worth it but for the average JOE would this be necessary?.. I have a 13 SI and have the K&N CAI and Skunk2 catback ... would a over the counter MAP most likely be good for me or should I get a custom E tune or even a Dyno tune? I have not bought the Flashpro yet will it come with the MAP I need ?
iketh

Re: Basic tune question

Post by iketh »

No, every engine has tons of variables. The biggest are the injectors and cylinder compression.