Closed loop response control

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
VitViper

Closed loop response control

Post by VitViper »

Derek/Hondata,

We need to get closed loop response/delay control for the 9th gen please, ASAP.

Got an annoying problem with O2 sensor closed loop response on every single turbo 9th gen. The issue arises from the fact every kit made (PRL/Full Race) has taken the primary O2 sensor and moved it WAY further back from where it was located at the factory. They've taken it out of the manifold that's next to the head and placed it a good 18-24" further downstream.

This is causing a HUGE issue for closed loop control. Effectively I can limit closed loop to not interfere with fueling and have perfect fueling, but the moment I increase the closed loop limits the O2 feedback will simply oscilate until the reading gets steady again (effectively it's doing the same thing as what the 8th gen guys get when they stick the sensor further downstream or into an angled defouler). It will cause such rich conditions during tip in and recovery that the vehicle can/will hesitate sometimes, if not stall coming to idle during overrun recovery with closed loop control set to sane limits.

See:

No bung...

Bung way down here

Behavior:
Attachments
tipin.png
tipin.png (19.99 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
idle.png
idle.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
VitViper

Re: Closed loop response control

Post by VitViper »

8 days and not so much as a word...

Great support, A++++++.

I know you guys are busy and I have been one of your greatest supporters over the years, but that's just sad. A simple "we'll look into it" or a "no screw you we're going to let it suck" would suffice for me, at least I'd have something to share with my customers.

But silence: fantastic.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

As much as we'd like to we're not ignoring you. We have something which we need to test before any release.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:As much as we'd like to we're not ignoring you. We have something which we need to test before any release.
Thank you VERY much -- even a simple response like that is greatly appreciated as silence just ends up building frustration...