2015 si coupe basemap

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Shanebuilt

2015 si coupe basemap

Post by Shanebuilt »

Got a 2015 si coupe im looking to put a tune on an was looking for help getting a tune dailed in with a tuner on here.
Car has ktuned cai, header, and 3" exhaust currently, im willing to pay if need to also, thank you!
EFICU

Re: 2015 si coupe basemap

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:41 pm Got a 2015 si coupe im looking to put a tune on an was looking for help getting a tune dailed in with a tuner on here.
Car has ktuned cai, header, and 3" exhaust currently, im willing to pay if need to also, thank you!
How's it going? I can help you with it if you'd like. There are a few people on here who are very capable, but I can help you if you want.

Are planning on keeping this mod list for a while, or do you have plans for more performance mods soon?
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:41 pm Got a 2015 si coupe im looking to put a tune on an was looking for help getting a tune dailed in with a tuner on here.
How's it going? I can help you with it if you'd like. There are a few people on here who are very capable, but I can help you if you want.

Are planning on keeping this mod list for a while, or do you have plans for more performance mods soon?
i would love any help i can get! I am about to load on a basemap and log unless you have a basemap i should try first, The car is staying how it is for now maybe upgrades in the future but for now is has ktuned short ram intake, 3" ktuned exhaust an maybe a header im not positive on header tho. the car is runnning on 93oct
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No I wouldn't use a standard basemap, I have my own we can start you on.

So you don't know what it has for a downpipe? Aftermarket or OEM, or for sure aftermarket? Does it have a cat or no?

Since the setup is staying the same for a while, I would like to tune each cam angle idnividually and then blend out the cam angle map once we have all the data from each cam angle tuned. Usually takes about 5 revisions to tune all cam angles, and then we work to finalize. Probably about 10 revisions in total. If that works for you, let me know some more info on the downpipe. If you are wanting to get it done quick, we can do a completed file and work to get you done in 4-5 revisions. But I highly recommend tuning one cam angle at a time and then using that data to build you a proper cam angle map.
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:37 pm No I wouldn't use a standard basemap, I have my own we can start you on.

So you don't know what it has for a downpipe? Aftermarket or OEM, or for sure aftermarket? Does it have a cat or no?

Since the setup is staying the same for a while, I would like to tune each cam angle idnividually and then blend out the cam angle map once we have all the data from each cam angle tuned. Usually takes about 5 revisions to tune all cam angles, and then we work to finalize. Probably about 10 revisions in total. If that works for you, let me know some more info on the downpipe. If you are wanting to get it done quick, we can do a completed file and work to get you done in 4-5 revisions. But I highly recommend tuning one cam angle at a time and then using that data to build you a proper cam angle map.
just took a peak its my dads car looks like stock downpipe with cat to the 3" catback and that sounds great just trying to get him some more power and make it run good with the mods it has! Ive got plenty of time today! thank you
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:46 pm
EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:37 pm No I wouldn't use a standard basemap, I have my own we can start you on.

just took a peak its my dads car looks like stock downpipe with cat to the 3" catback and that sounds great just trying to get him some more power and make it run good with the mods it has! Ive got plenty of time today! thank you
Oh boy, hopefully your Dad knows about this, haha. Yeah let's do it the proper way and go cam angle by cam angle. Then if you add a downpipe down the road, the bulk of the work is done if you want me to help you clean it up.

So, the most important aspect is getting good datalogs. We need them to be 20-30 minutes of stop and go type driving. Basically avoid steady speed for long periods of time, like no cruise control for 20 minutes straight basically. The stop and go type driving is what we need. On the drive, you want to make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 in third gear. Only do one WOT pull for the first few revisions until I get things lined out. Keep the driving normal in general, don't get too spirited while we get through these first few revisions. This first calibration is on the 0* cam angle with vtec at 5500. It won't be very powerful as 0* cam angle is not for power, it just lays the groundwork for moving forward.

Let me know if you have any questions. 20-30 minute datalog, stop and go driving, one WOT pull in third from 2500-7500.
Shanebuilt.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:13 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Oh boy, hopefully your Dad knows about this, haha. Yeah let's do it the proper way and go cam angle by cam angle. Then if you add a downpipe down the road, the bulk of the work is done if you want me to help you clean it up.

So, the most important aspect is getting good datalogs. We need them to be 20-30 minutes of stop and go type driving. Basically avoid steady speed for long periods of time, like no cruise control for 20 minutes straight basically. The stop and go type driving is what we need. On the drive, you want to make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 in third gear. Only do one WOT pull for the first few revisions until I get things lined out. Keep the driving normal in general, don't get too spirited while we get through these first few revisions. This first calibration is on the 0* cam angle with vtec at 5500. It won't be very powerful as 0* cam angle is not for power, it just lays the groundwork for moving forward.

Let me know if you have any questions. 20-30 minute datalog, stop and go driving, one WOT pull in third from 2500-7500.

Shanebuilt.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal

lol he does he bought the flashpro today hes been talking about it for months so trying to get him setup right! but cool ill go load it on an get a log.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:17 pm lol he does he bought the flashpro today hes been talking about it for months so trying to get him setup right! but cool ill go load it on an get a log.
Haha, okay. If Papa Shanebuilt emails me, I don't know you! :) jk
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:25 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:17 pm lol he does he bought the flashpro today hes been talking about it for months so trying to get him setup right! but cool ill go load it on an get a log.
Haha, okay. If Papa Shanebuilt emails me, I don't know you! :) jk
Haha, i just got done logging here you go! normal crusing with a 3rd gear WOT pull
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(5.42 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:05 pm Haha, i just got done logging here you go! normal crusing with a 3rd gear WOT pull
Pretty good start. Here is the next one, still the 0* cam with vtec now at 4000. Same datalog and driving style, that last one was perfect style. The rev limiter is at 7500 if you want to rev it out to there. If not, that's fine too.
Shanebuilt.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:20 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:05 pm Haha, i just got done logging here you go! normal crusing with a 3rd gear WOT pull
Pretty good start. Here is the next one, still the 0* cam with vtec now at 4000. Same datalog and driving style, that last one was perfect style. The rev limiter is at 7500 if you want to rev it out to there. If not, that's fine too.

Shanebuilt.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
Got another log for you, revved it all the way out this time
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:56 pm Got another log for you, revved it all the way out this time
Looks good. Onto the 15* cam angle. Same datalog and driving style. Vtec is now at 4500 for this one. It should feel a stronger now that we're moving up in cam angle some.
Shanebuilt.SD.Rev03 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:09 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:56 pm Got another log for you, revved it all the way out this time
Looks good. Onto the 15* cam angle. Same datalog and driving style. Vtec is now at 4500 for this one. It should feel a stronger now that we're moving up in cam angle some.

Shanebuilt.SD.Rev03 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
starting to feel better forsure, heres v3 cruising and WOT in 3rd
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(5.67 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 pm starting to feel better forsure, heres v3 cruising and WOT in 3rd
Looks good, made a few adjustments to ignition and fuel. Now onto the 30* cam. This one should be really strong in the midrange, but will fall off up top. With the stock DP and intake manifold they run out of breath around here up top. Take this one for the same datalog and driving type. Vtec is still at 4500.
Shanebuilt.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.4 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Shanebuilt

Post by Shanebuilt »

EFICU wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:10 pm
Shanebuilt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 pm starting to feel better forsure, heres v3 cruising and WOT in 3rd
Looks good, made a few adjustments to ignition and fuel. Now onto the 30* cam. This one should be really strong in the midrange, but will fall off up top. With the stock DP and intake manifold they run out of breath around here up top. Take this one for the same datalog and driving type. Vtec is still at 4500.

Shanebuilt.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
Heres v4, Feels pretty good not bad, cruising and 2 WOT 3rd pulls one was under 7k other was above
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 69 times