Traction Control stopped working

Diogo Oliveira

Traction Control stopped working

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

This is happening for a while now....

After updating FlashPro Manager to version 1.8.x, Traction Control stopped working. It simple stopped working as it should and I don´t know what happened.....none of the units are "new installation", it was installed for some time and it was working properly. My car is an example of this: untill version 1.7.2, it was working....after updating to 1.8.x, stopped working.

No wiring or hardware change was made (like changing sensors of anything related to TC).

Just by reving the engine, with the car stopped, I get 36 degrees of retard (TC.Retard).

That happens with TC switch in any position, even when in OFF position. It only stop working when I set the input to "none". Otherwise, I cant even run the car at any speed at all.

I opened TC window at SManager and I got a "Hardware Error" at the Errors tab. I don´t get this error when opening TC window with FPManager. Also, owners details information was all messed up at TC window inside SManager.

Attached you will find a datalog from the car Im tuning at the dino at this moment. Car is strapped to the dino, engine reving in neutral.
Attachments
tc_not_working.fpdl
(12.07 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
Diogo Oliveira

Re: Traction Control stopped working

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Forgot to mention:

Flash Pro Manager version 1.8.2

SManager version 2.2.7

I can try something using KManager if that helps you to replicate the problem.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You must only use the matching application with the TC unit. eg if using with FlashPro, then use FlashProManager to access the TC unit. Otherwise, if you use SManager, KManager or the standalone version (TractionControlManager), then the TC firmware version may get mis-matched between the TC unit and FlashProManager. That would give the kind or errors you're seeing.
From FlashProManager what TC firmware version do you see?
Hondata
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Traction Control
V1.0.7
Firmware 10

FlashPro Manager
V1.8.2
Firmware 64
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the standalone TractionControlManager 1.0.7 and check all settings. The from FlashProManager, make sure the TractionControl window is not used (or even opened). Verify the output voltage settings look ok and it should work.
Not to others: do not use the standalone TractionControlManager. You'll probably cause this type of situation. You should only ever use the correct software for the ECU to access the TractionControl - eg using TractionControl from KManager will possible screw up the settings for a s300 or FlashPro.
Hondata
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Ok....

After testing it with almost all the cars that are having this issue, I got nothing.
Downloaded TC Manager 1.0.7, got everything setup, saved the calibration, uploaded to TC unit and closed TC Manager window.

Unplugged the USB cable for TC and started FP Manager.....and nothing changed. The issue that you can see at the datalog I posted before is till happening (ignition retarding aroun 36 degrees with the car standing still, only by reving the engine).

Output voltage settings were not changed at any time since the cars got TC installed...but after every new installantion I go to the Testing tab at TC Manager and check if everything is ok. Before, by changing the voltage output at the Testing Tab, I could see TC Retard changing at FP Manager Sensors window. Now, I can change the voltage output to any place I want, there is no change at the Sensors window.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The Smanager you are using is too old, download the beta from the website.

Also the FlashProManger you should download the beta as there is newer firmware in the beta.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please uninstall and remove TC 1.0.7. I suggested using it with the version of software you had, but if you use the more recent versions of FlashProManager or SManager it is going to cause problems, if not already.
Hondata
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

I used SManager to try to setup Traction Control. This suggestion I took from this topic: http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =15#p74638 - I only used SManager to try to setup TC parameters and see if something different would happen.

The datalog I have posted was made using FP Manager version 1.8.2, but I have already updated it here and I tested again before posting my last msg.

I will uninstall everything, reinstall FP manager and try again. I will post the results soon.