Test Tab

Test Tab

Post by 1158 »

First, I feel really stupid having to post this but I cannot figure out what I'm missing. This is on S300 and I verified I have the latest version. I also verified that the USB drivers for TC are installed properly. I checked the hardware section of my computer and TC is listed under hondata and has NO yellow ?.

My Test tab in the TC window Only shows the control switch test and the hardware status. I have no ECU output test window. The control switch and the associated led test work properly. I'm having other issues as well but I need to test the voltage being sent by the ECU to try and start troubleshooting.

I know this just has to be something stupid I'm overlooking but I've gone through everything I can think of and have had no luck.

TIA
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Test Tab

Post by Hondata »

I think you just need to scroll the window down, or make the traction control window bigger. Post a screen shot if you still have trouble.
Hondata

Post by 1158 »

Man do I feel stupid. I knew it was going to be something like that. The window on my netbook isn't big enough so I had to use a different PC.

Now my next issue. No matter what I change the test voltage output to my ELD value in the sensor tab stays 1.72v (this is without car runnning). When car is running ELD value is 1.50v but again it never changes. I went out for a drive and the wheel speed sensors are showing the correct speed (verified with GPS). When I get wheel spin the data log of the slip % shows the wheel spin but ELD stays 1.50v.

Could my ELD circuit be bad?

I just went and verified the voltage coming from the TC module.

0v = 0.02v
1v = 1.02v
2v = 2.00v
3v = 3.00v
4v = 3.99v
5v = 4.26v

Post by 1158 »

Could a mod move this to S300 section since I now have an issue with the S300 not seeing the TC signal. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you removed R136 and R138 from the ECU? Is the ELD wire cut that normally goes to the ELD?

Post by 1158 »

Spunkster wrote:Have you removed R136 and R138 from the ECU? Is the ELD wire cut that normally goes to the ELD?
The wire going to ELD has been cut for a long time. I had planned on using it for wideband input then I did not. I'm pretty sure R136 and R138 have been remived but I will check and report back.

Post by 1158 »

http://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=5713

Link to a posted a pic of my S300 board. 136 and 138 have been removed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration and a datalog showing the issue. Make sure that both the traction control and s300 USBs are connected and datalog with the laptop to record all info from both devices.

Post by 1158 »

Spunkster wrote:Post your calibration and a datalog showing the issue. Make sure that both the traction control and s300 USBs are connected and datalog with the laptop to record all info from both devices.
Do you want just the S300 calibration or do you want the TC calibration too?

I'll go out and get a good datalog later this evening.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

post everything

Post by 1158 »

I download the TC module datalog but where is the data saved? I can't find a folder and I looked through the TC index in the help section and did a search but cannot see anything stating where the file is stored.

NM I figured it out. Export to .csv file under the traction control drop down menu

Post by 1158 »

I have uploaded the requested data.

I didn't notice this yesterday but I tried to datalog 3 different time with wheelspin. Everytime the TC should kick in my datalog freezes. The only data that continues to flow is the data from the TC strangely enough. Once the TC kicks off everything is frozen.

Also note I haven't made any changes to the default settings. I know I will need to once its working.

I have the TC datalog but I get the message "The extension csv is not allowed"

I did grab a screenshot of the datalog which I can post if you want.

Also want to add car has all grounds present and all underhood grounds were just replaced with OEM pieces. Car has zero electrical issues. TC module is grounded to tstat housing because CPR is grounded to PG1 and I didnt want to mess with CPR ground.
Attachments
1158TCsettings.tcc
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
1158TCsetup.skl
(41.09 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
1158TCdatalog.s3d
Data log wheelspin around 1:00
(394.3 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Wait, so the CPR is not grounded at the thermostat housing like the instructions say?

Post by 1158 »

Spunkster wrote:Wait, so the CPR is not grounded at the thermostat housing like the instructions say?
CPR harness is grounded to tstat housing but the wire for the CPR control pack is grounded to PG1. Just as in the instructions.

I installed CPR in late March and it works flawlessly.

I have no issues with datalogging when TC adjustment knob is turned off.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you datalog from SManager with both the S300 and TC plugged in? That way we can see the wheel speeds etc in the SManager datalog.

The datalogged ELD does not look correct. The next step would be to use the TC Testing tab and set a test output voltage, and then check that the ECU ELD is the same voltage.
Hondata