Honda CR-Z Custom Turbo

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
mervin_cr-z

Honda CR-Z Custom Turbo

Post by mervin_cr-z »

Hello all,

I already read some discussions on this forum but i am new as a member.
There is a lot of useful information here!
However, i could not find anything about this topic.

I am currently putting a turbo on my daily honda cr-z 2010 and aiming for +/- 200 hp. For tuning the engine I bought a hondata flashpro, which works really well. There is a base map available for a hks supercharger with intercooler, running around 0.75 bar and around 200hp(same as i am aiming for) on PON91(where in Europe I use RON95, which is the same). My question is, is it recommended to use this map on my CR-Z before taking it to a tuner? Or does anyone has a turbo map available on PON91 (RON95) for the honda cr-z? I want to test if everything is working, there are no oil leaks after and if the intake pipes are not leaking or blowing off due to the higher pressure etc. If I go to a tuning and something like this happens, it takes a lot of time and therefore an unnecessary amount of money. On the other hand, I really do not want to blow up my engine... Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Mervin from the Netherlands
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Honda CR-Z Custom Turbo

Post by Spunkster »

A supercharger calibration will probably not be ideal for a turbo. I would recommend that you do not drive on this until it is properly tuned on the dyno and using a stock calibration to start from might be a better choice.
mervin_cr-z

Post by mervin_cr-z »

Thank you for your response. I'll use the stock map (somehow already going to 0.7 bar above atmospheric pressure) to tune the car on a dyno. The wastegate is fully opened so there should not be any boost pressure while driver to the tuning. Then I need another creative way to test the piping on leakage and pressure resistance. Thanks!
Tankzf1

Post by Tankzf1 »

mervin_cr-z wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:56 am Hello all,

I already read some discussions on this forum but i am new as a member.
There is a lot of useful information here!
However, i could not find anything about this topic.

I am currently putting a turbo on my daily honda cr-z 2010 and aiming for +/- 200 hp. For tuning the engine I bought a hondata flashpro, which works really well. There is a base map available for a hks supercharger with intercooler, running around 0.75 bar and around 200hp(same as i am aiming for) on PON91(where in Europe I use RON95, which is the same). My question is, is it recommended to use this map on my CR-Z before taking it to a tuner? Or does anyone has a turbo map available on PON91 (RON95) for the honda cr-z? I want to test if everything is working, there are no oil leaks after and if the intake pipes are not leaking or blowing off due to the higher pressure etc. If I go to a tuning and something like this happens, it takes a lot of time and therefore an unnecessary amount of money. On the other hand, I really do not want to blow up my engine... Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Mervin from the Netherlands
Hi Mervin.

New to the forum. Plotting out my build. Going with the greddy td04h 15g. I'm not finding much info on what way to go with injector size and fuel pump upgrades.

I'm looking to boost maybe 7lbs or whatever will get me to 180hp.

Can you pm please I'm too new to pm you
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

Hi Mervin,

I haven't visit the forum for quite a long time. Hope your project went well. Mind to share with us.