MAP Sensor Location

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
Matt Dex

MAP Sensor Location

Post by Matt Dex »

I am viewing some turbocharged crz on the net and I found out that the MAP sensor location was differ from one setup to another. Some people placed it at the intake (before turbocharger) and some put it right before the intake manifold. These 2 setup will make a big different as before charger will read only vacuum and after charger will read both vacuum and boost. From my reading, the sensor should read actual pressure going into the engine for the ECU to calculate the required fuel. But I am not technically good. I would like to ask, where the MAP sensor should be placed?

Another thing is I am experiencing small pipe from the exhaust to the head (EGR line) broken. I did fix it. But recently my check engine pop up and when I check with Flashpro, I give the P0401 or P0404. What should I do with this error code?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: MAP Sensor Location

Post by Spunkster »

The map sensor should be able to read both vacuum and boost.

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the factory service manual for those errors?
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

One other thing regarding the MAP sensor and blow off valve. The BOV should be before or after the MAP?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The Map sensor should be close to the manifold and read exactly what the engine is seeing.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

So the BOV is before the MAP...Thanx buddy.
numberoneoppa

Post by numberoneoppa »

I have not seen anybody change the location of the MAP sensor on the CR-Z (and I've seen a lot of builds). You're sure you're not confusing the MAP sensor with the MAF sensor, correct? The MAP sensor is located on the intake manifold (downstream of the throttle body by a few cm). The MAF sensor is normally located on a stretch of the intake piping with fairly laminar flow. With a turbo (and blow off valve), this becomes a bit more complicated as the BOV could adversely affect the readings of the the MAF. In this case, the MAF should be placed downstream of the BOV (closer to the throttle body).

I hope this helps.
Matt Dex

Post by Matt Dex »

U are rite. Million thanks.