Hondata FlashPro for Asia CRZ - Manual Trasmission

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
terenceng

Hondata FlashPro for Asia CRZ - Manual Trasmission

Post by terenceng »

Dear All,

Appreciate if you could enlighten me the question below:

1. Can i adjust the "Idle speed (after start)" to lower RPM (say 900 instead of 1200) for 0 to 40 C degree ?

2. After DYNO tuned and calibration uploaded to ECU, may i know what is the difference bettween unplug the hondata flash-pro or leave it connected in the car?

3. I heard some professional is providing E-Tuning service by running analysis tools, is it safe and proper? can i tune my car by analyse the log files?

Thank you,
Last edited by terenceng on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata Flashpro for Asia CRZ

Post by Hondata »

1. Yes, however the ECU will only let the idle speed drop so low. eg if you set all the tables to 600 rpm the ECU will not go below 750 rpm.

2. Return to stock, do a couple of dyno runs, then upload your calibration, dyno & compare.

3. Dyno tuning is preferred, but more depends on the experience and skill of the tuner than the method used.
Hondata
terenceng

Post by terenceng »

Hondata wrote:1. Yes, however the ECU will only let the idle speed drop so low. eg if you set all the tables to 600 rpm the ECU will not go below 750 rpm.

2. Return to stock, do a couple of dyno runs, then upload your calibration, dyno & compare.

3. Dyno tuning is preferred, but more depends on the experience and skill of the tuner than the method used.
Thanks for your reply.

For the question number 2, meaning that I have to leave my flash-pro unit permanently connected to OBD2 socket and leave it in my car? can I unplug it after dyno run & tuned?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Once tuned you do not have to always have the FlashPro connected. If you plan to sell the FlashPro though you will have to return the ECU to stock and unlock the FlashPro in order for it to be used on another vehicle.
terenceng

Post by terenceng »

Thanks!
terenceng

Post by terenceng »

Question...

All Asia CRZ comes with "Engine Auto Stop" and "Immobiliser" features, I know these are good for stock car since it comes with it.

1. Once my CRZ is supercharged, will this feature damage my supercharged engine since the charged engine temperature is higher than stock car?

2. Will it be possible to have the ability to disable "Engine Autostop" feature in future, for Flashpro?

3. I knew that Flashpro does provide "Immobiliser disable" feature for some specified ECU models, will it be added to Flashpro for Asia CRZ in future?

Thanks for all of your help

Thank you,
terenceng

Re: Hondata FlashPro for Asia CRZ - Manual Trasmission

Post by terenceng »

One more question to add...

4. As I understand, "VTEC Oil Pressure Switch" is not a sensor, but a switch.

Meaning it is either open or closed... Typically, with a switch, once it sees a certain oil pressure, it opens. Once oil pressure drops below that certain pressure, it closes. Am i right?

I can see that the stock Hondata Asia CRZ calibration, "VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Enabled" is enabled by default, Shall i disable it? if yes, why is it required to be disabled?

Thank you so much!
terenceng

Post by terenceng »

Hondata wrote:1. Yes, however the ECU will only let the idle speed drop so low. eg if you set all the tables to 600 rpm the ECU will not go below 750 rpm.

Awaiting for the reply, thanks!
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

terenceng wrote:Question...

All Asia CRZ comes with "Engine Auto Stop" and "Immobiliser" features, I know these are good for stock car since it comes with it.

1. Once my CRZ is supercharged, will this feature damage my supercharged engine since the charged engine temperature is higher than stock car?

2. Will it be possible to have the ability to disable "Engine Autostop" feature in future, for Flashpro?

3. I knew that Flashpro does provide "Immobiliser disable" feature for some specified ECU models, will it be added to Flashpro for Asia CRZ in future?

Thanks for all of your help

Thank you,
Any update/reply/feedback on "Autostop" ?
terenceng

Re: Hondata FlashPro for Asia CRZ - Manual Trasmission

Post by terenceng »

I think Hondata not interested to make it better for CRZ.

The only way for AutoStop should be Pivot ISC then..