Q about tuning via MAP

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
meidosan

Q about tuning via MAP

Post by meidosan »

I turned on the "MAP fuel tables" option (and also the option to use MAP to determine WOT). I tried it out for a while and I have a few questions:

1. After driving for a while, DTC code P0400 (EGR malfunction) popped up. I used the stock equivalent calibration with the two MAP options turned on. Am I missing something here?

2. Will using MAP affect the oil life remainder (like on Civic SI)?

Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Q about tuning via MAP

Post by Hondata »

1. It is from the tuning. The ECU looks at the closed loop operation at different amounts of EGR lift and produces the error if the closed loop trims are not affected by the EGR in the way it expected.
2. No.
Hondata
meidosan

Post by meidosan »

So, if I can get the fuel tables to give me close to 0% fuel trims, this will no longer be an issue? From the logs, the L.TRIM was around 10%, and S.TRIM was 3-5%.

Also, is it possible to disable this behavior while I run the fuel tables under partial throttle?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Try to get the long term fuel trim to 0 first.
Hondata
William5683

Post by William5683 »

I have a question on that as well Hondata, even when you disable the EGR you still get the same error code, why is that? I figured once the EGR was no longer in the equason the error would disappear with it. :)
alollini

Post by alollini »

Hondata wrote:Try to get the long term fuel trim to 0 first.
I have L.TRIM near 0

but the more i try to get fuel tables with lambda overlay right, the more it tends to be jaggy, with cliffs, it even tries to make me intersect.

I want to start new, as this is not going to the right direction. (also now on high fuel, i do not hit the column 10 anymore)

1- maybe can i plot XY with S.TRIM versus what ?

2- i need to do general changes first, is there a way to make the best assomptions ?

3- do i need to datalog for longer drives ?

4- do i need to move vtec high to tune low fuel better
then move vtec low to tune high fuel better
then put back vtec where it is default ?

5- can i copy a fuel map from a new calibration for US CR-Z wuth HKS induction to my EU CR-Z calibration ?
Team CR-Z Youtube Videos here => http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL127E8C02C6B25D4B&feature=plcp
CR-Z GT White "Blue Inside"