Flashpro Not Locking

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Turtly Tsx

Flashpro Not Locking

Post by Turtly Tsx »

Having an issue locking flashpro onto my ecu. The website shows my ecu is supported by flashpro.

Message reads "Cannot lock to this ecu because the ecu contains an unrecognized calibration."

I have sent the unknown calibration
eroc_85

Re: Flashpro Not Locking

Post by eroc_85 »

Im having the exact same issue! If anything now flashpro reads a whole new ID Calibration. What year and ecu no?

I was told that its a software issue and they are updating it but could be weeks.
Turtly Tsx

Post by Turtly Tsx »

2012 tsx wagon
Ecu is 37820-rl5-a63
eroc_85

Post by eroc_85 »

Same! 2013 TSX wagon...ecu ending also in A63. I was just using it fine last week. Now I get 37805-rl5-a560 as the calibration ID. i had unlocked it from my car and went back to lock it. Now I get that same error message.
eroc_85

Flashpro Not Locking to ECU anymore

Post by eroc_85 »

Okay so I have a 2013 Acura TSX Wagon with ECU 37820 -RL5-A63 which is supported by Hondata according to their ecu compability check. I was successfully able to lock it to my ecu months ago and even last week I was able to successfully upload a calibration..Here is where the issue begins....

I needed to upload a new basemap as I am currently doing a etune. All is well until Flashpro asks me to download a newer version. No problem...so I go ahead and do that.

I then go ahead and try to upload my new calibration and I keep getting an error message that Flashpro is "Unknown". So i read this is a common thing so I try to reset the ecu and make sure all my grounds and such are fine. All is well but still no luck in getting my ecu to read.

Finally I use an old laptop that does not have the updated flashpro and attempt to return my ecu back to stock..Okay So I am able to do that, atleast I think so. I unlock the flashpro from my car so that I can start over fresh. I attempt to lock it to my car again and nothing..I get an error message that it is not compatible with 37805-RL5-A570. So now under the ecu calibration it reads 37805-RL5-A570. So two concerns...one I cant lock it to my ecu and second why does it read another ecu #. My ecu is 37820-RL5-A63.

I emailed support but havent gotten very far..I was just told that this is a software issue and that I need to wait for the new release and that it could take weeks. So what am I to do in the meantime? I cant drive the car as is.
Turtly Tsx

Post by Turtly Tsx »

I get that same exact calibration number. I wonder if its related to all tsx ecus or just the a63s

I was thinking of running a supported ECU from a sedan but if its going to cause the same issue, it would be a lost cause. I'm supposed to get tuned in 2 days... guess I may have to push the appointment back
eroc_85

Post by eroc_85 »

Not sure. I had flashpro on my car for about a year and had no issues. It began when I updated to the lastest firmware.

I thought about running a sedan ecu also but that just open up more issues.

I even got an extra ecu thinking maybe it was bricked or corrupted.

I just finished supercharging my car and was just starting my etune..But now im stuck and cant continue. Emailed support and was told its a software issue and would be addressed with the next release but that could be weeks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We're going to do a release for you tomorrow morning, if I get a chance between merging the posts back into one thread...
Hondata
eroc_85

Post by eroc_85 »

That would be great!
Turtly Tsx

Post by Turtly Tsx »

That would be awesome! Thank you
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Update
Hondata
eroc_85

Post by eroc_85 »

Thank you! I will give this a shot later tonight.