07-08 TSX Fuel Guage Inacurate

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Raymond Vermeulen

07-08 TSX Fuel Guage Inacurate

Post by Raymond Vermeulen »

Hi there.
I have a CL9 Accord K24A3 Turbo Charged MT, ECU: 37820-RBB-A21 and Flashpro. I am currently experiencing an issue with my Fuel Gauge. It is not accurate. If the tank is full the gauge will drop slowly and do twice the distance on the trip meter vs the meter that shows next refill. When it reaches the halfway mark it falls rapidly and does half the distance shown on the next refill indicator, it seems that the ECU is not calibrated to the tank in the vehicle, is there something that can be done about this, perhaps an update?
Any help will be appreciated

Regards
Raymond
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 07-08 TSX Fuel Guage Inacurate

Post by Hondata »

What injectors are you using, and what value have you used for 'injector size for fuel economy'?
Hondata
Raymond Vermeulen

I'm using Bosch 550cc Injectors.
I sent a pic of the current setup. i don't know if this is correctly set up?
Attachments
550 cc Injector Setup.JPG
550 cc Injector Setup.JPG (100.68 KiB) Viewed 8364 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to put the new injector size into the "injector flow for fuel economy cal" section.
Raymond Vermeulen

Thanks, I had a look at the flow of this specific injector data sheet with part number 0280158117 (Bosch) and it calculates to 546 cc/min.
I hope that is correct. I set it up that way.
Could the fact that it was not set up correctly cause fuel starvation and Knock?
i have been hearing a TIK TIK TIK noise at around 5200rpm especially from 3rd gear up.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The 'injector flow for fuel economy' only affects the fuel economy meter / fuel gauge.

You'll need to experiment with different values until your fuel economy reads correctly (does your vehicle have this?) and then the fuel gauge should be good.
Hondata
Raymond Vermeulen

Yes it has, I'll play around with it. Thanks for the advice.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

I have found this feature relatively insensitive but on the other hand, I have a Euro CL9 and I know some features might not work. However, I have seen that when removing the battery ground, the fuel level is displayed correctly. Is there any other way to actually 'reset' the fuel level gauge without removing the battery each time?
Raymond Vermeulen

I agree, it makes no real difference when setting up the injectors, I've read up on this issue and came across a case where changing the "use map to determine wot" to "maf to determine wot" solved the problem. The problem, our CL9 has no maf. In my opinion it must have something to do with pre set pump parameteres on the ECU, or how the map sensor reads them, combined of course with setting up the injectors. Hi hope this issue will receive more attention. It's irritating to see that the distance meter shows eg. 600km to next refill, and you drive a good 2.5km before it comes down to 599km before next refill-(this in the upper range of the tank).
In the lower range of the tank it's jus the opposite. eg. 100km before next refill- however only driving 500m it changes to 99km to next refill. It kind of gets you unprepared.
It's a shame for your Honda to stand on the side of the road. For something as simple as fuel.
I really hope this issue could be addressed.
Regards
Raymond
Raymond Vermeulen

Sorry for that, AFM- I mean MAF.
And not pump parameteres but tank parameteres.
Raymond Vermeulen

When submitting it changes it. It's not AFM, it's Mass Air Flow.
pmcgavis

Post by pmcgavis »

Just finally got to try the new update and my fuel economy reads correctly but distance to empty is way off. It acts like it is thinking the car has twice the fuel capacity than it actually does. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
abrahamsb

Post by abrahamsb »

pmcgavis wrote:Just finally got to try the new update and my fuel economy reads correctly but distance to empty is way off. It acts like it is thinking the car has twice the fuel capacity than it actually does. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
Any update on this issue "Team Hondata"? Having a similar issue, fuel light and warning comes on sooner than it normally does. This after swopping to 2007 TSX ECU with Flashpro. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please follow the posting guidelines.
Hondata