NEWB!

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
hdiddy

NEWB!

Post by hdiddy »

Just reflashed for the first time today, trying to get the hang of things and learn as much as i can. I have an Injen CAi, DC Sports Header and Apexi exhaust, ive loaded TSX MT 2007-2008, "Injen CAI, Hondata intake manifold gasket, stock 25degree VTC wheel" just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on tuning and point me in the right direction.
mabo

Re: NEWB!

Post by mabo »

Dude, RTFM included with FP manager ( help section ) , all info available there. Or just contact a knowledgeable guy to tune it professionally.
hdiddy

Post by hdiddy »

Thanks for stating the obvious, im new to engine tuning, not new to cars. i have read the help file a few times and there are some things i just dont understand as i have never dealt with them. i dont want to go and screw with a bunch of settings and then mess up my car.
mabo

Post by mabo »

Before starting with any tune you need to understand how PGM-FI works. Its rather simple and first of all you need to start with it , not with a flashpro manager.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

hdiddy wrote:Thanks for stating the obvious, im new to engine tuning, not new to cars. i have read the help file a few times and there are some things i just dont understand as i have never dealt with them. i dont want to go and screw with a bunch of settings and then mess up my car.
better leave this job for a guys who knows how to do this right.
Known as Vaikis_
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

tuning is hard to get your head around man.

i took mine to the tuners. straight away he gained 20bhp over the base map. he said the base map was way out and running really rich.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
VQ30GTR

Post by VQ30GTR »

So then how did you all become experts?

He is looking for help to learn, and the best we can do is, take it to a tuner? how does he know if the tuner is any good without some knowledge?
How will he know what questions to ask?

How about suggesting some sites or books for him instead.
LanceMacaulay

Post by LanceMacaulay »

I also have done a reflash of my ecu for the first time on a GD3, not knowing much about the black art of tuning I am not going to mess with it unless I am getting it tuned professionally.