cant upload cal to ecu

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
mabo

cant upload cal to ecu

Post by mabo »

Hi , need your assistance )

First , id like to say i havent fully followed instructions on how to retrofit 04-06 car .

Before going to dealer to match immobilizer to my new ecu i wanted to check if ecu i got works fine ( i got used one )

So i installed ecu , wired CAN to obd , locked flashpro to ecu and tried to upload cal and got error -

Code 0x00 Step 10 Address 0x000000 Check your WEN . So i started to dig info bout this problem.

I have latest SW on pc - 1.2.8 , fw in flashpro also fresh - 44 , uploader version 1.2.7.0

I checked wiring and WEN is fine , i see it on pin 30 of E connector , i even disassembled flashpro and got signal from soldering spot to pin 30, so wiring is fine 100%

please tell me if this error can happen if immobilizer not matched ?

I also found few posts on tsx club with WEN problem

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tunin ... post820470

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tunin ... post820706

Those guys had problem coz there was lack of power from battery and signal was fairly low on wen pin as you noted in some of your posts . My battery can crank engine so i guess its fresh enough to flash an ecu, 11 volts or so .

I described as good as i can , i know i havent followed guide but i had to check if ecu is fine ..

Thanks for any input )
Zoro2006

Re: cant upload cal to ecu

Post by Zoro2006 »

Read instructions by Hondata, immobilizer should be paired with your ECU before uploading any cal !!!! Go to dealer and match your immo to ECU.
Last edited by Zoro2006 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Vaikis_
mabo

Post by mabo »

Thanks bro , if this can really cause that problem then ill fix it and respond here . I guess sw had to inform me that its an immo problem , not WEN pin ..
mabo

Post by mabo »

So now i really need support assistance.

Step by step

I successfully installed 07-08 ecu and wired CAN bus to obd connector.

I successfully paired immobilizer to new ecu.

I can start my car and it starts and run on idle even with 410 injectors, so ecu isnt faulty.

I downloaded latest flash pro manager 1.2.8.0, connected my flashpro and its internal FW has been updated to 44

All details of my flashpro on the screenshot

Then i registered my flashpro and locked it to my ecu .

Now im trying to upload any calibration and constantly have error as on the screenshot, i hit upload, calibration uploads to flashpro , then red button lights on for 4-6 seconds and then error.

When i try to upload without laptop i have same error.

I checked all wiring, WEN pin on E connector ( 12 pin on obd ) is FINE , i even opened flashpro box and checked signal from green wire to E connector , everything fine, i opened my ecu and checked all soldering spots , they r fine too.

I even connected WEN pin from ucu E connector directly to flashpro pin ( green wire ) . NOTHING, same error .

My battery is fresh and fully charged.

The only thing i dont understand is why i see upload version 1.2.7.0 in firmware section ??

What i gonna do now to flash my car finally ???
mabo

Post by mabo »

Some more info , i just checked voltage between WEN and GND on flashpro , its has 0 , when im trying to upload cal and red program led turns on, WEN pin shows 3 volts for 1-2 seconds, then 0 again and then manager throw error.
mabo

Post by mabo »

And the FINAL update for this story. I digged really HARD in this and found a post on tsxclub where the guy had same problem as me . He uploaded just fine after he drive his car. So it was warmed.

I JUST WARMED MY CAR FOR 10 MINUTES AND CAL UPLOADED WITHOUT ANY ERRORS. ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAS SAME ERROR JUST WARM UP YOUR ECU, dont play with wiring, software , switching laptops, usb ports and everything else i found while digging.

So the problem isnt in WEN pin, or wiring or OBD connector or something else. The ECU\car interior itself must be WARM or something like that. I also found one user , he has 10 out of 10 errors with his car when its cold and 10 out 10 no errors while flashing when car is warmed.

I see this problem isnt so rare so i guess Hondata must investigate this .
mabo

Post by mabo »

Tried today , absolutely same result , WEN error utill i warm up interior for 5-10 minutes. After warming up everything smooth. My buddy also asked few FN guys bout this WEN problem , they told that with older managers , before TSX was released , everything was fine , then it starts to work weird.
Last edited by mabo on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

mabo wrote:Tried today , absolutely same result , WEN error utill i warm up interior for 5-10 minutes. After warming up everything smooth. My buddy also asked few FN guys bout this WEN problem , they told that with older managers , before TSX was released , everything was fine , then it starts to works weird.
I also had same WEN errors some time ago, check your theory with warm car ;)
Known as Vaikis_
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

same error when car is cold, after warm up all fine.
Known as Vaikis_
mabo

Post by mabo »

Just tried to wire spare obd connector directly to E connector . Absolutely same result ! ECU or flashpro box itself must be WARM. Cold car - fail, warm car - ok . Its ABSOLUTELY non wiring problem, its software \ flashpro box \ ecu problem .

Hey Zorro , and anyone who has same trouble , try to do next thing - keep your car running and take flashpro outside , put it in cold if you can , then immediately put it in obd and try to flash . We need to isolate problem to help Hondata fix it .
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

mabo wrote:Just tried to wire spare obd connector directly to E connector . Absolutely same result ! ECU or flashpro box itself must be WARM. Cold car - fail, warm car - ok . Its ABSOLUTELY non wiring problem, its software \ flashpro box \ ecu problem .

Hey Zorro , and anyone who has same trouble , try to do next thing - keep your car running and take flashpro outside , put it in cold if you can , then immediately put it in obd and try to flash . We need to isolate problem to help Hondata fix it .
here guys are talking about the same error:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/ecu-tunin ... post844569
Known as Vaikis_
mabo

Post by mabo »

Just wanted to post same link here . So i see im not alone and problem really persists.

We need to find now what is the source of the problem , cold ecu or cold flashpro box or this is SW bug.

HONDATA, i guess the time has come for your comments bout this problem .
mabo

Post by mabo »

Anyone who have such problem or dont have are welcome to my thread . Just leave +1 or -1 .

Hondata , where r you ? This post is on your forum and its related to your product . Its not a problem to start car and wait for 5 mins , but its weird ))
core58

Post by core58 »

mabo wrote:And the FINAL update for this story. I digged really HARD in this and found a post on tsxclub where the guy had same problem as me . He uploaded just fine after he drive his car. So it was warmed.

I JUST WARMED MY CAR FOR 10 MINUTES AND CAL UPLOADED WITHOUT ANY ERRORS. ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAS SAME ERROR JUST WARM UP YOUR ECU, dont play with wiring, software , switching laptops, usb ports and everything else i found while digging.
i confirm i have the very same story.
never happened to upload any calibration on the cold - awlays get "check WEN pin" error, but after warming & driving 10-15 minutes i upload calibrations just fine, either with laptop or without

i cannot say this is a major issue but quite annoying yet we don't know the reasons - hence twice annoying :(
mabo

Post by mabo »

Yep core58 , i also dont see nothing annoying here , except that fact that Hondata told us to check wiring and OBD port instead of tell us to warm up the car before flashing. I wasnt too happy to waste almost a day to find a problem, i cutted and sliced half of my native wires. Im shure that avg Joe would spent much more time for this.

Btw i wanna say thanks hondata for a nice product, very good housing , wires, connector. I dont need laptop for datalogging and flashing, just push da batton and you go. Awesome )