Cpr no sync light

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
accord96h22

Cpr no sync light

Post by accord96h22 »

I have a 96 accord with f22b1 harness and obd2a to odb1 adapter(kstuned) into a P06 Ecu (kstuned s300v3 black Ecu).i have opened Ecu to verify q37 is installed. I am not getting a sync light after install. I have a h22 distributor with only the ckp sensor still wired. I have completely removed the icm and the coil from the distributor. I have the blk wire tapped to pin A23, red to A25, purple to pin A16, red/ylw to pin A22. have my 12v and tach attached to the proper wires. I downloaded my calibration checked all 3 boxes, hit upload and still no yellow sync light.

I have double checked the trouble shooting steps and it keeps telling me that i have a problem with my purple altc from Ecu A16 to CPR box.

I checked it many times and I do not see a problem with the wire, I do not have an oscilloscope to measure pulse but I do see voltage drop when cranking so it must be doing something. Thanks again
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Cpr no sync light

Post by Spunkster »

All 3 sensors in the distributor must be connected and working or it will not work.
accord96h22

Post by accord96h22 »

I meant to type CYP, Must they all be in the distributor? I have my ckp and tdc on my oil pump (obd2 engine and harness). So all I would need is the cyp signal correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, all signal must be seen by the ECU or it will not work. We have seen that some vehicles that have sensors in 2 locations have issues. You may need to use an OBD1 distributors that has all the sensors inside of it.
Dread589

Post by Dread589 »

I am running a 95 GSR B18C1 in my 2000 civic coupe and just recently purchased a hondata CPR retrofit kit from speed factory racing. My problem is an intermittent sync light on the cpr driver and it will not start. I am running an OBD2B harness using a OBD2B-OBD1 jumper harness to my P28 ECU, Q37 resistor is installed. I have removed the ICM (DIST) wire from ECU connector pin B13 and replaced it with the orange ICM wire. I have removed the ALTC wire from ECU connector pin C2 and replaced with purple SYNC wire. I have soldered power into wire B1, and soldered ground into wire B2. I have depinned the stock distributor plug and replaced it with the tach and signal wires from the CPR. I am also using a 10 pin OBD1-OBD2 distributor harness. From the distributor I have removed the coil and ICM wire. I have power and red IGN flashes while cranking but will not start, but when the SYNC light intermittently comes on the driver, the engine will try to turn over and backfire. Can I run both my fuel injector harness ground and cpr ground to the thermostat housing? Or should they be separate? Please help
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

They should be able to ground at the same location. IF the problem is intermittent, it sounds like a wiring issue of some kind.
Dread589

Post by Dread589 »

okay, I can completely remove the ICM and wires right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not recommend removing anything from the distributor.
Dread589

Post by Dread589 »

But I have to remove the coil so I can fit the the low profile distributor cap that was supplied in the CPR kit, so I should leave the coil in and remove only the ICM wire only?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not supply replacement CAPS. We also do not recommend removing anything from the distributor as most instances of problems can be traced to this.