Hondata CPR Help

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Em199

Hondata CPR Help

Post by Em199 »

Hey guys so I’m stumped and I’ll do my best to be as detailed as possible; So have the complete kit and all but recently I having an issue with hard cranking and the CPR CDL box not displaying and Ignition or Sync when he car is turned over for seconds as instructed in troubleshooting. Now the things I have tried:

Check continuity at 12v power - good
Check continuity at tach- good
Check CPR Harness coils receiving 12v- good
Check continuity at harness side of dis plug - good
Check continuity at dist side - good
Check continuity at ign and sync - good 12v
Tested each lead at CPR BOX with switched 12v and each lead tested good at ign, altc, and sync

Turn key fuel pump primed and the nothing at box- power light but nothing else. I’m stumped and before I try a different cpr box and or ECU I’m stumped. The only thing I could possibly think of is the Q37 resistor on the circuit board may have went. Not sure but if anyone knows the purpose of this resistor in its support to the kit would help me better diagnose. Thanks in advance for your time. Keep in mind this all just worked as of yesterday car has been sitting literally for 24 hours. I don’t know.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata CPR Help

Post by Spunkster »

That is not a resistor, it is a transistor. If it is damaged you would have to replace it and see if that resolves the issue as it is the output for the signal to the CPR box. The best thing to do before replacing things is test your box in a known working vehicle running a CPR and the same with the ECU.
Em199

Post by Em199 »

Yes I’ll be testing the CPR box in a know working vehicle along with ECU and will report back shortly.
quenepon69

Post by quenepon69 »

Were you able to get it fixed? and what was the end result.. Thanks