Cpr car runs very rough HELP tune TOMORROW

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Baddawg1991

Cpr car runs very rough HELP tune TOMORROW

Post by Baddawg1991 »

I dont know what else to do to this. I've wired the purple and yel/red wires into the ecu clips with pins provided at the designated points, ground is on the thermostat housing with the main harness ground, car runs like it has a very bad misfire. Coils are brand new, distributor is oem, power and ground tied in right off the ecu pins on the designated points (yellow/black power, black ground) sync flashes 1/4 the time of IGN as it should, but especially when it recieves throttle it sputters and sounds like a lawnmower. Nothing else has changed, just the cpr. Green wire at dist clip to tach signal, yellow to the black/yellow wire.

Whats extra wierd is wheb the ground wire is removed from ecu, it runs much smoother, but still heavily hesitates with throttle. Im at a loss and tune is tomorrow someone please help me so this 400$ wasnt a waste.....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Cpr car runs very rough HELP tune TOMORROW

Post by Spunkster »

Is this an OEM or aftermarket distributor?

What ECU is this being used on?

Are you using resistor type or non-resistor type spark plugs?
Baddawg1991

Post by Baddawg1991 »

99 civic si if that matters any
Oem distributor 5000 miles on it bought new
new ngk bkr7e resistor plugs
p28 ecu with q37
Removed the hood exit and reinstalled the skunk2 megapower exhaust to check AFRs with my wideband and its pegging full rich. Engine was previously tuned on the same setup without cpr on pump gas. Fouled out a brand new set of plugs, so I put another set in, still same issue.
Installed new tps sensor and recalibrated, still same issue.

Tune was rescheduled for the 15th (tomorrow) at 2pm.. hoping this is somethibg simple so I can hit some test passes this weekend.

Thank you for your help
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is your s300 serial number?