Quick CPR question

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
KamalEK9

Quick CPR question

Post by KamalEK9 »

After installing the CPR system does the ECU require to get synced? well do i need to check with a timing light and adjust timing sync on crank pulley? i didnt look at the application yet, but decided to ask as i noticed you can adjust the sync timing on the AEM V2....let me know whats the proper way of doing it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Quick CPR question

Post by Spunkster »

You set timing just the way you always would on a b-series engine.

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/se ... set+timing
KamalEK9

Post by KamalEK9 »

Spunkster wrote:You set timing just the way you always would on a b-series engine.

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/se ... set+timing
Thanks! im aware of those procedures and wanted to ask since i have a B series engine with no timing belt cover. is it accurate to match/sync the dist timing when looking at TDC mark on the oil pump cover or its an issue and prefer to put the timing belt cover and match/sync the timing refering to the mark on the timing belt cover?

By the way im using an Actron timing light where you can adjust the advance timing on the gun......now when i leave it at zero the timing when adjusting the dist is not close to the target and when i set my timing gun to the same timing the hondata set timing option i can see the 3 marks on the pulley. Am i doing it right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Using a dial back you must set it to 16 and then get the white mark on the pully to line up with the mark on the timing cover.
KamalEK9

Post by KamalEK9 »

Spunkster wrote:Using a dial back you must set it to 16 and then get the white mark on the pully to line up with the mark on the timing cover.
There are 3 marks. I believe 14 16 18 so you mean to sync to the middle mark?
Last edited by KamalEK9 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The large center white mark.