Closed loop target ignored by ECU

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
felix4389

Closed loop target ignored by ECU

Post by felix4389 »

Good evening to you all.

I have a 2006 S2000 with a newly build NA engine using the Hondate FlashPro on the original ECU of the vehicle.
I am still quite new to the FlashPro Software and have one or two question – although I read a lot in the help documents and this forum…

Since only the stock AFR-sensor is working in closed loop I am using no wideband at the moment.
In a different thread I found information that the values from the stock sensor of an S2000 are fine and suitable – even when running rich. So I don’t need to use “corrected stock sensor”. Please correct me if I am wrong.

But here is the problem:
When running in closed loop the engine is not running according to the target value I put in the software! I can change the values as much as I like, but it will run about 14,7. (+- 0,4)

Is this a bug or a feature?

Would be great if you could please help me to get the car either run at the lambda value I want it to run (1,08 in closed loop) or to understand what I am doing wrong.

Something else I experienced: As soon as I hit about 45% of throttle the engine leaves closed loop and runs according to the fuel table but not in WOT-mode. Is that plausible/correct behavior?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Closed loop target ignored by ECU

Post by Hondata »

What are your calibration settings?
Hondata
felix4389

Post by felix4389 »

Good evening,

I attached my latest calibration file and also a log file - hope this ok.
In the log file you can see areas where the engine runs in closed loop but does not acchieve the Lamda-Target of 1,08 that I put in the calibration.
Also you can see that the engine leaves closed loop at approx. 45% throttle pedal...

Thanks for your feedback.
Attachments
Datalog-200904-000.fpdl
(103.67 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
F23K_RunIn_Map_5.fpcal
(8.7 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Try this version

<old link>
Hondata
felix4389

Post by felix4389 »

Thanks for the updated SW.
I tried it and it worked in some way...
The engine now recognizes the target values and is trying to acchieve it. But looks and feel like the closed loop control is now not as stable as it was before.
I attached the latest calibration file and a short log.

You can see that I hold the car in neutral with very light throttel pedal to raise the engine rpm. The AFR-value then starts to cycle dramatically.
Afterwards I drove a short distance through the city and you can also see that in some situations the short trim and AFR-values are not looking good.
Is there some sort of adaption necessary or should I look into my calibration or is it really the closed loop controller???
Attachments
Datalog-200911-002.fpdl
(72.01 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
F23K_RunIn_Map_6.fpcal
(8.71 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You're taking the closed loop control outside the normal operation so the PID control may not be optimal.

I think you should make the low and high load targets the same in case the target is switching between them.
Hondata
felix4389

Post by felix4389 »

Hi,

just wanted to give you guys a feedback after a couple of weeks.
I was able to get the closed loop running stable with a target lambda up to 1,06. Beyond this value the PID does not behave to well.
For me this is just fine and I am quite happy.
Thanks for the help. :-)

Will (or already is) this feature included in an official release?

BR
Felix