Flash-pro 06+ s2000

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
AP2SATX

Flash-pro 06+ s2000

Post by AP2SATX »

Ok I’ve been researching for days and there is so much misinformation it’s crazy.

I need to run a AEM wideband for street tuning on my turbo AP2. Now I need clarification on weather or not this set up will work.

OEM sensor in original first location, untouched.

Wideband in secondary O2 location with OEM sensor disabled in Flashpro.

Flashpro wired to B12 on ECU?

Will this scenario cause a CEL? With the secondary disabled.

Getting another bung welded in my downpipe is not an option, no one will even answer the phone for such a small job, I cannot get anything welded in my area.

Now, the big issue is I do not want any aftermarket gauges in the car. Can I run a AEM wideband without the gauge, wired output to the ECU? Then I could pull up my Flashpro data via Bluetooth and check AFR when I want to. They say the AEM wideband kit uses the gauge as a controller?

Most replies I get to questions are either ignored or the information supplied is over my head. I built my car but I don’t know electrical at all, I don’t understand a lot of terms. I’m in desperate need for a super ground level explanation.
monster1632

Re: Flash-pro 06+ s2000

Post by monster1632 »

With the aem Uego you have to have the gauge for the sensor to work.The gauge is the controller for the sensor. If you want to have wide band with no visible gauge but have it hooked up to your ecu so you can view your A/F on hondata your going to have to find a different setup. Im not 100% sure but i believe the innovate lc-2 unite uses a separate controller from the gauge and the gauge plugs into that. So many be able to (do your reasearch) unplug lc-2 gauge and just use the controller to run the output to your ecu to accomplish what you want.
AP2SATX

Post by AP2SATX »

Ok so I cant run a AEM, thanks for that info!

Another thing i don't understand maybe you can help me with.

During my build I was planning on using the factory wideband, until last week my etuner said the OEM sensor won't read below 12:1 AFR so a after market sensor was required.

What i don't understand i read that the after market wideband is only used for data logging and the OEM sensor is used for closed loop control.

So, how does this work that you you have used the after market wideband to adjust your fuel during tuning, and then you hand it off to your OEM sensor that cant read below 12:1? how does it control?

And what about sensor location? Can i install the after market wideband in my pipe, disable the secondary O2 and be done?
monster1632

Post by monster1632 »

Basically if i were you just let the tunner handle the tune aspect and give him the tools he needs. To keep it simple. What he means by wideband only used for data logging is that is what he will tune off of and trick the stock sensor so the car runs happy.
Now for sensor location MOST people say put the sensor within 4-12 inches down the pipe (as close as you can to the the Turbo/Head). Thats for the absolute best accuracy. In my Non Professional opinion (lol) The tube will be good enough and you shouldn't see any problems with accuracy as long as there are no exhaust leeks
AP2SATX

Post by AP2SATX »

Thank you again, I don’t mind giving the tuner what he needs I just need to know the right info to install the wideband. You look online you get 100 different answers and it seems like everyone always has problems with their Flashpro / wideband combo, just seems like a headache.

So as far as putting the wideband in the pipe, can I just use the OEM 2nd sensor location and disable the secondary in Flashpro? That way the primary stays in tact. Does the secondary throw a CEL for a sensor heater when disabled?
monster1632

Post by monster1632 »

Yeah use the second location. Make sure the secondary o2 is diabled in the tune. And no you wont see a check engine light
AP2SATX

Post by AP2SATX »

Awesome brother thank you 🙏
I’ll get this done ASAP.
AP2SATX

Post by AP2SATX »

Response from Innovate.

“ I would recommend using the LC-2 wideband since it won’t need a gauge head to operate. From there you can then take the YELLOW cable from the unit and plug that into your ECU to get the 0-5v signal for your AFR onto your ECU and then into your Flash-pro.”

So this is the way to go, now I just need to find factory OEM pins so I can replace whichever input into the ECU I use. Another requirement is no cutting wires so the car can be put back to OEM if needed.