Wideband ECU Flashpro help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
goose_s2000

Wideband ECU Flashpro help

Post by goose_s2000 »

Hi,
I just got the hondata Flashpro for my USA 2007 AP2 and I'm new to the forum.
I'm installing a PLX wideband and replacing the primary o2 sensor. I read a lot of info in this forum and around the net, but I'm still a little confused.

Can you please confirm if this info is correct?
Since I'm not adding a new sensor, just replacing the original, I read that I only need to tap the PLX wire into the C16 terminal on the ECU (Primary heated oxygen censor 1)
With this connection the Flash pro will read a more accurate wideband but no modification will be necessary into the Flash pro software will be need it.

The other info that I got was to look inside the ECU and check for the EGRL input (b12 Pin), Then make some modifications inside the software to add the new wideband.
Is this the process to follow if new Wideband 02 sensor is add it (not replacing the original one) ?

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Wideband ECU Flashpro help

Post by Spunkster »

This is not correct. You must use a factory wideband for it to run closed loop properly. You cannot run closed loop from an aftermarket wideband. An aftermarket wideband can used for datalogging purposes only.
goose_s2000

Post by goose_s2000 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
So connecting it to the B12 pin (The way the flashpro manual describe it) is the way to go?
Can you please elaborate on how I should connected ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you open the calibration and go to the Lambda section under closed loop in the calibration window you will see a list of inputs you can use. The pinouts can be found in the help file: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/e ... ectors.htm
goose_s2000

Post by goose_s2000 »

Thanks,
I'm getting new J'S racing mainfold with the two O2 ports, so I should be able to add the second PLX wideband without disrupting anything.