Wideband on EDM s2000 ecu does not work?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
RR-racing

Wideband on EDM s2000 ecu does not work?

Post by RR-racing »

Details:

Flashpro v1.5.6.0
Traction Control running successfully off of ELD (EGRL does not work on EDM models)

Connected PLX analog output to Pin E1, ECT2.

Reads some fictitious lambda based on the sensor 1 values, but not quite the same. I disconnected the PLX analog output and it does not affect the datalog... still gives a fictitious "wideband" A/F reading.

I am certain the PLX is outputing the correct voltage, I measured it and it corresponded exactly with my external wideband.

Log attached. During the log, I connected and disconnected my E1 analog pin and had no effect on log readings.

I also tried disabling TC and connecting Wideband to the ELD pin... but the ELD pin reads 5V all the time, this does not work either.
Attachments
widebandtest.fpdl
(100.5 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Wideband on EDM s2000 ecu does not work?

Post by Spunkster »

Can you post the calibration you were using at the time as well please.
RR-racing

Post by RR-racing »

Calibration file attached.

I have tried to disconnect& disable TC, and connect the WB outup to the ELD, but that did not work either.
Attachments
Rafi-EFR7064+TC+new.fpcal
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The datalog you have posted showed that the wideband is being datalogged. Look at the sensor list under Wide.
RR-racing

Post by RR-racing »

The wideband sensor data shows its being datalogged, BUT IT IS NOT.

AS I already explained, the numbers it is spewing are BS, oviously somehow related to the primary O2 sensor values.

Even if I do not plug in the analog input ECT2 pin, it will still log WB numbers!!!

Bottom line is that if you activate the ECT2 input under the lambda calibration settings (without every hooking up a wideband), you will always log some sort of bogus "wideband" data.
RR-racing

Post by RR-racing »

Clarification:

It seems to me that ECT2 on the E1 pin definitely does not work, at least on EDM cars.

I did just get the wideband to log properly on the ELD E15 pin. It is logging actual wideband values, not bogus numbers. Unfortunately, that means I have to disconnect the TC, as I have no other working inputs!

RR-racing wrote:The wideband sensor data shows its being datalogged, BUT IT IS NOT.

AS I already explained, the numbers it is spewing are BS, oviously somehow related to the primary O2 sensor values.

Even if I do not plug in the analog input ECT2 pin, it will still log WB numbers!!!

Bottom line is that if you activate the ECT2 input under the lambda calibration settings (without every hooking up a wideband), you will always log some sort of bogus "wideband" data.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you first set up the wideband and connected it to the E1 pin, was there another wire already in that position?

Try setting up the wideband using the ECT2 input again, only this time do not connect the wideband. Simply ground ECT2 and confirm that the wideband voltage is 0 when you datalog.
RR-racing

Post by RR-racing »

Spunkster wrote:When you first set up the wideband and connected it to the E1 pin, was there another wire already in that position?

Try setting up the wideband using the ECT2 input again, only this time do not connect the wideband. Simply ground ECT2 and confirm that the wideband voltage is 0 when you datalog.

setting the wideband to the ECT2 pin results in logging a ficticious voltage without the wideband connected. When I ground the E1 pin, there is no effect on the logged voltage.

There was never a wire at the E1 pin.
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

I have a European S2000, model year 2006, VSA. How can i tell if my car has an ECT2? Do all S2000 have it? I already have the TC unit on the ELD pin of the ECU so i need to use the ECT2 for the wideband (or the EGR).
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you datalog do you have an ECT2 reading?
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

There is no ECT2 on european cars and i just also checked the EGR, it is only vacuum operated. So no EGR pin either. So there is no free pin to connect my wideband to! (the ELD has been used for the traction control).

Please advise on what can i do. Is there a way around this?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I replied via email.
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

Hello again,

I have finally connected the PLX wideband to the ELD pin and I get correct data (same as those shown on the PLX device. However, the ECU datalogged value never goes under 11.7, so if the mixture is say 11.4 it will still show 11.7.

Is this a know issue?
antkouv

Post by antkouv »

Any feedback would be appreciated. I have double checked with the local dealer of PLX devices, and there is no problem with the PLX controller (we even replaced it with another). The PLX gause shows correct AF values while the analog output (dataloged through the FPM) only goes down to 11.7 (or 0.85V). Can you please verify that you have read my post and that someone is looking into this?
Attachments
datalog0040.fpdl
(21.99 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not have a European ECU here to test with. You should contact CPL Racing in the UK so they can look into this for you. They may already know something that we don't.