FK8 wastegate fluctuation

FlashPro Manager software
Fuzzy

FK8 wastegate fluctuation

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi all, i need some help, i have some wastegate fluctuation in 100 % throtle, the wastegate moves and drops 5 psi in manifold for some milisecond, but in bench sometimes also accurs. Its not always but got a datalog whit that. I read all sensors before this accurs and see nothing that can cause this issue, only thing that is high maybe is the knock level , but didnt accur any ignition retard... All temperatures seems ok This happens between minute 7:46-7-47 after that i rellease full throtle with .

This car has
Forge intercooler
Hybrid turbo
Methanol injection
Full invidia exhaust
Mishimoto Intake
Forge piston
Forge Rods
Attachments
Falha de boost por wastegate.fpdl
(398.92 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FK8 wastegate fluctuation

Post by Hondata »

Wastegate position vs boost is fairly low. eg wastegate would normally be around 3.5mm under full boost. If you can change the ratio of the actuator to the actual wastegate then I think it will help.
Hondata
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Hondata wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 am Wastegate position vs boost is fairly low. eg wastegate would normally be around 3.5mm under full boost. If you can change the ratio of the actuator to the actual wastegate then I think it will help.
I think what you mean is, to adjust wastegate actuador till i have 3.5mm when i am at full boost?
Best regards
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It seems that your turbo should be close to stock in wastegate operation and there is no provision for adjustment.

First check for any boost leaks on the pressure side of the turbo. I've seen cut O rings on the intercooler couplers which are hard to diagnose. I've also seen small diameter hoses which have split and hard to see.
Hondata
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

I will change all my inlet and charge pipes for the PRL pipes and hope this can solve the problem, i adjust the wastegate to the maximium and gain some boost improvement, but the fluctuation keeps showing....
Thanks for the help. i will post the results.
Best regards
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Fuzzy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:43 pm
Hondata wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 am Wastegate position vs boost is fairly low. eg wastegate would normally be around 3.5mm under full boost. If you can change the ratio of the actuator to the actual wastegate then I think it will help.
I think what you mean is, to adjust wastegate actuador till i have 3.5mm when i am at full boost?
Best regards
Hi again, can you please respond to one question, the boost drops in the log, the BPCMD also order the boost to go low, i have all the boost limiter high and asking to do 750 nm on R mode. Is there any map definition could limit the boost? If so can you please told me wich?
Best regards
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Any of the turbo max ratio tables, the max air charge table and the throttle torque tables. To find out the limited table reduce each table in turn by a little. When your BPCMD goes down, that was the limiting table.

But trying to increase the boost when the wastegate is already shut is likely to overspeed the turbo.
Hondata
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi again, did one download from flash pro and see that aircharge increase to 250 % wasn't checked.... I could sware that I did the check.... But since i checked now the boost raises 😎 way to much 😂😂😂, since I order too much torque, made one correction and know the boost is where I want thanks for the amazing suport