9th gen Si Flex Fuel Glitch

FlashPro Manager software
Hyudryu

9th gen Si Flex Fuel Glitch

Post by Hyudryu »

I've read the help file on Ethanol parameters, and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I enabled live tuning for the Ethanol fuel compensation box and flashed it onto my ECU. I'm currently tuned for E60 gas, and I put in E70. My fuel trims are roughly 7% on idle, and it goes upwards of 15-20% (lean) which is expected due to the increase in ethanol content. I tried adjusting the ethanol fuel compensation and it doesn't seem to be affecting the fuel trims at all. I even tried increasing the 70% ethanol column and still it was running lean, even after increasing it to 80% from 10% lol. Am I doing something wrong here? Even with so much fuel compensation, it's still running lean. Seems like the table isn't affecting the fueling at all
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 9th gen Si Flex Fuel Glitch

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have a flex fuel sensor and controller installed and wired into the ECU?
Hyudryu

Post by Hyudryu »

Yes I do, and it's reading the proper ethanol percentage on my live datalog. Went from 60% up to 70% so I know it's working. It's slightly higher than what's shown on my gauge, but it's consistent (like 2% off)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you post the calibration and a datalog showing the issue?
Hyudryu

Post by Hyudryu »

I'm not going to post my tuner's tune/datalogs publicly, but I recorded a video to demonstrate what I mean by it's not working at all. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the feature is bugged but if I increase the fuel compensation, the fuel trims should theoretically go richer by the same amount right?

I also tried setting the percentage to 20%, saving the calibration, and flashing it the old fashion way (to rule out live tuning being glitched) and the results are the same. Fuel trims are also close to 0 while driving. If I do put in E85, Hondata flashpro will not compensate for that and I will be running lean even if I set the values on the ethanol column.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWZPVmLYAI
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

Hyudryu wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm I'm not going to post my tuner's tune/datalogs publicly, but I recorded a video to demonstrate what I mean by it's not working at all. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the feature is bugged but if I increase the fuel compensation, the fuel trims should theoretically go richer by the same amount right?

I also tried setting the percentage to 20%, saving the calibration, and flashing it the old fashion way (to rule out live tuning being glitched) and the results are the same. Fuel trims are also close to 0 while driving. If I do put in E85, Hondata flashpro will not compensate for that and I will be running lean even if I set the values on the ethanol column.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBWZPVmLYAI
you can email their support...
Hyudryu

Post by Hyudryu »

Okay sorry for posting an issue on the forums and seeing if anyone has experienced this issue. I'll email their support from now on
chambers805

Post by chambers805 »

Any update on this? I have a 14-15 Civic Si Coupe with the ethanol sensor wired into ECT2.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What version of software are you using?
chambers805

Post by chambers805 »

version 3.1.8.0, I haven't tried the beta yet, was waiting to hear of an update in the change log before i hit up my tuner. Don't want 2 separate tunes just for e85.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to use the most recent beta version to see if that solves the issue for you
chambers805

Post by chambers805 »

Nope still doesn't work, big waste of time. :/ any ETA?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to post the calibration as well as a Datalog showing the issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you're still running that ethanol fuel trim table in the first post then it will not work. The fuel trim values should be very close to half the ethanol content. eg at 40% ethanol I'd expect a 20% trim.
Hondata