Active Fuel Tuning (MAP)

FlashPro Manager software
trymion

Active Fuel Tuning (MAP)

Post by trymion »

FlashPro Manager version: 2.8.6
2006 Civic Si, slighty modified

Issue:

When trying to use "Active Fuel Tuning" (i.e. using MAP), I can't seem to download the changes the ECU is making into the calibration.

From a new calibration, these are the steps I've done:
Fuel > Uncheck "AFM Enabled", check "Use speed/density (map) fuel tables"
Fuel > Active Tuning > check "Active Fuel Tuning enabled"
Upload calibration to ECU.
Drive around for roughly 30 minutes.
Turn the car fully off.
Turn the ingition to the "ON" position.
Note: The second time I attempted this, I left the laptop on and flashpro plugged in.

Now here's where I get confused.

When I click "Download Active Tables from ECU" in either "Active Fuel Tuning Low" or "High" table, nothing gets updated. Everything (the Trim%) stays at 0.00. I've also tried "Merge active table into main tables" but there was also no difference in the adjustments.

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone list the proper way to use Active Fuel Tuning?

I've done Active AFM tuning (in Sensors > AFM > Active Fuel Tuning enabled) and after driving around for a short period of time, clicking "update Active Tuning Table" actually updated and changed flow values. I wanted to switch over to MAP and thought it would be as easy but it seems to be eluding me.

Thanks.
trymion

Re: Active Fuel Tuning (MAP)

Post by trymion »

I updated my FlashPro manager to 2.8.7 and re-enabled fuel tuning from a new calibration (like the steps i did above).

I drove around for approx 40m and when i clicked the "download tables from ecu" button, it didn't update anything again.
trymion

Post by trymion »

Sorry for multiple replies but i always run out of time to edit the other posts, or i just don't see the edit button any longer.

I'm not sure if this will help, but this is the recent datalog from the drive i mentioned in the previous post.
also I'm including the calibration file I'm using.
Attachments
aft01_36Minutes.fpdl
(484.65 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Eclaire_pmallcai_norevhang-nodelay-vtctable_map01.fpcal
(21.92 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
herkikile

Post by herkikile »

trymion wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:31 am FlashPro Manager version: 2.8.6
2006 Civic Si, slighty modified

Issue:

When trying to use "Active Fuel Tuning" (i.e. using MAP), I can't seem to download the changes the ECU is making into the calibration.

From a new calibration, these are the steps I've done:
Fuel > Uncheck "AFM Enabled", check "Use speed/density (map) fuel tables"
Fuel > Active Tuning > check "Active Fuel Tuning enabled"
Upload calibration to ECU.
Drive around for roughly 30 minutes.
Turn the car fully off.
Turn the ingition to the "ON" position.
Note: The second time I attempted this, I left the laptop on and flashpro plugged in.

Now here's where I get confused.

When I click "Download Active Tables from ECU" in either "Active Fuel Tuning Low" or "High" table, nothing gets updated. Everything (the Trim%) stays at 0.00. I've also tried "Merge active table into main tables" but there was also no difference in the adjustments.

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone list the proper way to use Active Fuel Tuning?

I've done Active AFM tuning (in Sensors > AFM > Active Fuel Tuning enabled) and after driving around for a short period of time, clicking "update Active Tuning Table" actually updated and changed flow values. I wanted to switch over to MAP and thought it would be as easy but it seems to be eluding me.

Thanks.
When you're ready to upload the modified calibration to the ecu turn the key back one click(that turns the engine off but keeps all the computers up). Wait a few seconds then turn it forward one click but do not start the car. Now upload to ecu
boosted 2013 civic r18
trymion

Post by trymion »

That's not the issue I am having as I do know how to upload a calibration and have been trying to self tune my vehicle.

My issue is that Fuel Active Tuning doesn't seem to be working, whereas AFM Active Tuning is.

Thanks for the reply, though.
joecang

Post by joecang »

I, too, have the same issue. I can't seem to download the ECU active table. I just get 0 everytime I download from ECU.
arraydude

Post by arraydude »

same here
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You have to save the calibration immediately after upload and then load the same calibration before downloading the changes.
Hondata
arraydude

Post by arraydude »

just to summarize it..

So, in order to get this working do i have to... :

1- Upload the calibration
2- Save it again after uploading it, *do i have to store it in a different location?*
3- Go and ride with the car
4- Open the last saved cal and click on the download button from the active tuning table?
myuser

Post by myuser »

Just to share the process...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLDR6-thsG8
arraydude

Post by arraydude »

thanks for sharing