Honda CRV CARB Calibration - Traction Control

FlashPro Manager software
jordanv

Honda CRV CARB Calibration - Traction Control

Post by jordanv »

I have a 2017 Honda CRV AWD using the CARB calibration. This calibration seems to defeat/overcome the traction control for the rear wheels which makes the the car unstable in snowy/icy weather. Did a 180 in my snow covered driveway without trying. Is this normal?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Honda CRV CARB Calibration - Traction Control

Post by Spunkster »

Can you post the calibration as well as a datalog showing the problem.

We are not aware of any changes made to how the AWD system works.

Have you also tried to return the ECU to stock to see if it does the same thing?
jordanv

Post by jordanv »

Tried to return to stock - got a litany of error messages with stock calibration - looks like I need to have dealer reprogram.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

jordanv wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 pm Tried to return to stock - got a litany of error messages with stock calibration - looks like I need to have dealer reprogram.
when flashing the ecu , it's normal to get bunch of errors to pop up.
AFter it's done flashing, you are to turn off the car and turn it back on.
jordanv

Post by jordanv »

Just cleared the error messages with a hard reset. From research I found out that this is a 2017 CRV ECU software issue that sometimes occurs - not a Hondata issue. I was able to return to stock tune. Since there is less power the traction control keeps the car under control. I have to floor the accelerator to get the same reaction of a 180. Returning to the Hondata tune the traction control is trying to keep the car under control, but just a little throttle has enough power to overcome traction control on a snow covered/icy road. Recommendation - put the car in eco mode when driving on snow covered roads.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

you can always use Hondata mode for stock boost