Do I need a wideband for part throttle fuel tuning

FlashPro Manager software
bian.yy

Do I need a wideband for part throttle fuel tuning

Post by bian.yy »

Hi Hondata

I have my JDM K24A stock setup with no wideband and dyno. Then I had a datalog which I would like to tune my part throttle fuel for daily drive.
Is the datalog values such as lambda values overlaid and suggest fuel change value still useful?
Is it mandatory to have a wideband to do this job?

thanks.
2 with 0708 injector lower 0001.fpdl
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
2 with 0708.fpcal
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Do I need a wideband for part throttle fuel tuning

Post by Spunkster »

Yes you will need a wideband to for any fuel tuning.
bian.yy

Post by bian.yy »

Spunkster wrote:Yes you will need a wideband to for any fuel tuning.
Hi I have wideband installed for my K24A2, can I run closed loop by wideband only?
I saw the setting in Calibration--Closed Loop---Lambda---Wideband lambda input which I can select my hardware pin.

What is the relation ship with this setting between above and the setting in Option_Setting_Lambda Overlay---Overlay Lambda Input?

I'm confusing. I read somewhere I can't use wideband for closed loop. I have to remain the stock sensor?
Quite confused.

thank you hondata.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Your datalog shows the stock o2 sensor working correctly, which can be used for part throttle tuning. What vehicle & ECU do you have?
Hondata
bian.yy

Post by bian.yy »

Hondata wrote:Your datalog shows the stock o2 sensor working correctly, which can be used for part throttle tuning. What vehicle & ECU do you have?
05tsx.
Spunkster's reply and Hondata's reply are opposite.If I can use stock lambda data for part throttle tuning, will external wideband which I just installed by hard working give me better part throttle tuning accuracy?

btw, in flashpro manager the Calibration--closeloop--lambda page, the first parameter is to select which pin is used for wideband? What is this config for? In Option--Setting--lambda overlay there is a setting for choosing external wideband for datalog as well?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

an 05 TSX already has a wideband from the factory. An aftermarket wideband is not needed.

If you do use an aftermarket wideband it can only be used for datalogging and not for running in closed loop.
bian.yy

Post by bian.yy »

Spunkster wrote:an 05 TSX already has a wideband from the factory. An aftermarket wideband is not needed.

If you do use an aftermarket wideband it can only be used for datalogging and not for running in closed loop.
Sorry, I always got information the only wideband sensor of stock are only from those high power k20a,k20a2, This is the first time I heard mine tsx is wideband, could you share more information.
I bought my wideband as I had not had a wideband?
thanks
bian.yy

Post by bian.yy »

Spunkster wrote:an 05 TSX already has a wideband from the factory. An aftermarket wideband is not needed.

Is that ecu pin A28 AFS+ and A31 AFS- means the differential signal for wideband?