Throttle body swaps

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Throttle body swaps

Post by Hondata »

The RSX/DC5 ECU does not have DBW. It only will work with a cable throttle.
Hondata
Bones126

Post by Bones126 »

Does anyone know anything about the spec of this new GENUINE HONDA J35Y RIDGELINE 78/70MM THROTTLE BODY CIVIC FN2 07-11
Looking to see if the power and resistance requirement are equal to the oe one for Euro fn2 TB

HONDA J35Y Ridgeline Throttle Body. This brand new 2019 Honda throttle body is an excellent upgrade over the FN2 OEM throttle body. It features a 12mm bigger (over OEM) bore - same as the original J37 but cheaper! You will need to port match the RSP and RRC inlet manifold to 70mm otherwise a bottle neck will occur. Complete with plastic T-piece as this throttle body features 1 less vacuum source. The ultimate DBW genuine Honda OEM throttle body. Part number: 16400-5J6-A01
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Same as the ZDX throttle body.
Hondata
Bones126

Post by Bones126 »

Hondata wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 am Same as the ZDX throttle body.
Thank you, so as per a previous post. I should be able to swap the motors over from my euro FN2 into this ZDX and hopefully have no issues.

Thank you for the support
Bones126

Post by Bones126 »

zaramatt wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 pm That is exactly what I did, never had a problem ran perfect.
Hi, I take it you swapped the motor out of your original TB and replaced it into the ZDX. Was it straight forward.

thank you for any help.
antisocial

Post by antisocial »

Has anyone tested the K Tuned 72mm drive by wire throttle body? If not, I would like to consider purchasing one, in the name of research. Of course, if we find it suitable for use, I will use it on my TSX CT-E supercharger setup. Any interest???
Matt370sx

Post by Matt370sx »

I was just looking into doing the J35 swap until the tuning shop told me about the problems it can cause. I'm just running N/A anyway.

How about using the motor/controller from the Si throttle body onto a J35 throttle body? If it is a smaller drive motor for the throttle plate then will it still draw too much current driving the few mm larger throttle plate in the J35?
coots

Post by coots »

So you say the second type is for throttle bodies, s2000 and TSX before 2007.

Which category does the 2007-08 TSX throttle body fall into? The first or second one?
charper732

Post by charper732 »

Not to throw all the information in this thread to the side, but no one ever plugged in a Acura RL 3.7L DBW module into an S2K to confirm the IC's were the issue?

I did. It does not fix the issue. However, it does behave differently, at least for me. My car was fine while dyno tuning and the majority of a track day and then it started getting fail safes constantly for the throttle body. Swapping alternators, batteries ect, draining the ecu of all voltage to reset it, ect. the car became very consistent where it failsafed at 6300rpm every single time. I then found my IM manifold got a little loose and actually started leaking coolant. I read that another member had the same exact issue.

I have since swapped to an acura RL DBW module. The board looks identical but some of the chips have difference numbers. The car can now do a WOT pull shift into the next gear and will failsafe near redline on the following gear. I'm swapping back to the s2k module to see if its the same. But this tells me its not the ICs that are overheating.

The Tplate vs Tpedal from 70-100% starts to vary quite a bit. So much so that there is a difference of 30% in numbers that I had to adjust. Flashpro has break points up to 144% throttle but doesnt allow to edit the breakpoint numbers which seems pretty dumb so im not able to get better resolution.

I'll have access to an HDS on friday to see if i can force a throttle body relearn. We'll see if that does anything.
hyrpm1

Post by hyrpm1 »

Hey
I will be swapping to a fd2r throttle body on my fn2
Just wondering if I would still have to swap motors as they both come from k20 motors & they both use the same flashpro
The fd2r throttle body is the same size as the j35
68mm in 64mm out vs fn2 66mm in 62mm out
Thanks
Rowzswagga

Post by Rowzswagga »

I did this tb swap as well, changed the mdx tb motor with a tsx one and still having issues. The issues im having is map sensor reading higher than normal and ect malfunction and goes into limp mode once the cel comes on. I did throttle body relearn as well and still nothing. I have a grams throttle body as well but with that my car can't start if i use that. Only one that works is the mdx/zdx tb. Anybody figured out this issue?