damaged ecu

FlashPro Manager software
jbfd2ar

Re: damaged ecu

Post by jbfd2ar »

This car has no fault prior, no wiring issue and no mechanical problem. All good, drives fone ... What caused this was due to an oil leak. The oil pressure and temp sensor adaptor was loose and oil shoots out onto the manifold and caused a small fire on the extractor. The ecu harness got burned.
Like i said, ecu harness had been fixed and car was able to start, but cant start anymore after switching off the ignition .
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Just double checking; after reprogramming the vin into a new ecu, will the new fp work ? Whats happen if i try to flash a calibration into it ? Will it lock/caused some error to the new ecu?

I'm really excited right now caused i just received a call saying that my car can start normally now.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Unless you have returned the original ECU to stock and unlocked the FlashPro from it, it will not work with the new ECU.
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Ok. Seems like my only option now is to send the Flashpro and ecu to Hondata.
I also wish to upgrade to bluetooth enabled at the same time. Please advice me on the prodlcedures.

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send an email to support <at> Hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions (include a link to this thread):

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:
Stylus

Post by Stylus »

I had the SAME code happen to me yesterday, freaked me the hell out. "p0602" ECM error/failure.

Only mine came after I was uploading a cal. IDK what happend and I've uploaded dozens of calibrations but after I uploaded this cal - nothing happend. The car would not turn over. So I went and tried to upload the previous cal, again nothing happend. I then took my FP and hooked it up the my laptop and got a disrupted connection while uploading - check obdII pins, or something along those lines.

After trying for a good 5 mins to get ANYTHING to upload, the FP light starting flashing green leaving me with no way to upload the previous cal. I unplugged the neg on the battery for a 'master reboot' and that didn't work.

At that point, I plugged in my obdII reader to see what, if any codes were being thrown and thats when I saw that code. That's when I pooped my pants....

I tried uploading a stock map, turned the key over and the battery was dead, not completely, but enough that I knew there was serious power loss. I then grabbed cables, jumped my car and as a last resort tried setting another calibration and it worked... No more code and it's as if nothing ever happend.

Now, you would think "oh it was the battery that caused the connection issue and that is what led to this series of events" but it wasn't. I checked my voltage and tested that battery numerious times after the fact.

This was a legit 3 hour poopage in my pants and my question is.... Has this ever happend before? Just a RANDOM glitch? The car is fine now, like i said, I was able to upload that cal and all is right in the world. Starts right up no problem but man...

I'm wondering if the same thing could have happend here?
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Dear Spunkster, I had just sent an email to Hondata. Cheers!