FP power off

FlashPro Manager software
atom ant

FP power off

Post by atom ant »

Ariel Atom K24Z7
TMI FP
FP Manager 1.8.3

After updating FP firmware FP will not power on after ignition is switched off and back on. Have to disconnect the FP from the ECU then switch on the ignition for the FP to power back on.
This is extremely annoying when I have to jump out disconnect and reconnect in order to start datalogging after cal upload, please investigate.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FP power off

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the key in the on position, go to Help in FlashPro Manager and click on send information to Hondata support.
atom ant

Post by atom ant »

Info send per request for FP S/N: FP-2012Si-110625

Is there a way to back out of a firmware update?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Firmware cannot be backdated.

Check the OBDII connector power supply to pin #16 is constant +12V, ignition off/on/start, and is not interrupted with the engine is cranked.

Also need to check that the main relay supplies power to the ECU via pin E7 with the ignition off.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure it is not just taking a few extra seconds to turn back on? I just tested using our 2012 Civic SI and it is working properly. Doug also recently was tuning a TMI Ariel Atom and had no issues with this. It sounds like it may be a wiring fault in the car that is not providing power all the times to the OBD diagnostic plug. You may want to talk to TMI about this.
atom ant

Post by atom ant »

I will check wiring as soon as I can.
Although i can't see why the unit would power on after disconnect and reconnect to the ODBII port. I did not have this issue prior to the S/W and F/W update.