chaos in fuel trim with v1.7.0

FlashPro Manager software
zaqmlp

chaos in fuel trim with v1.7.0

Post by zaqmlp »

Need help urgent, my car fuel trims gone chaos after upgrading to flash manager v1.7.0.

The Story:
What I did was upgrading from v1.5.6 to v1.6.3, then I started to realize the fuel trims have gone chaos and no matter what I do to the map, it does not change anything. I have seen posts on forum having the same issue and it seems that their problem goes away with a new map using v1.6.3, but it didn't work for me. So I tried upgrading to v1.7.0 but it still doesn't fix the problem.
Everything was working perfectly before the firmware upgrade. Once I have upgraded, I feel immediate hesitation from low load and I started logging, I see huge negatives short term fuel trim (from -10 to -19) at some spots, so I started to decrease fuel at those spots on the map (tried a few times by removing fuel for a few percentage each time), but it has no effect and it continue to stay at roughly the same amount of negative short term fuel trims.

What I have tried:
Since firmware cannot be downgraded, I have tried all the following with v1.6.3 and v1.7.0 with no success
* open an "old" map (from v1.5.6) with updated flashpro manager (v1.6.3/v1.7.0), upload to ecu
* download from flashpro, upload to ecu again
* use a new calibration and upload to ecu

Attached with 3 maps, the original map I had with v1.5.6 (the one that was working fine), and 2 new calibrations created with v1.7.0 based on the tsx. Also the log file for the new calibration after 10% fuel trim.

FP-TSX-US-90070
Honda CL9 with turbo
CT520 injectors
Attachments
CL9 Turbo base NEW.fpcal
Original working map but made many fuel trims from the -ve fuel trim which I think its now stuffed up. Didn't back up...
(17.74 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
untitled.fpdl
TSX CT520 after 10% trim log
(47.76 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
new base 2.fpcal
TSX CT520 after 10% trim
(15.14 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
new base.fpcal
TSX ct520 base before
(15.14 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
zaqmlp

Re: chaos in fuel trim with v1.7.0

Post by zaqmlp »

Today did some logging and found this weird idle... Is that indicating a dying O2 sensor?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (29.76 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

I can say that Acura TSX calibrations are "broken" with new FlashPro Manager versions :( Not possible to adjust fuel correctly in some rpm ranges. This is the reason why on my own car I still use old FlashPro Manager 1.4.5.... Aslo if calibration was made with 1.4.5 it's impossible to use with 1.5.6 and newer versions as Fuel will be "broken"....

My suggestions to Hondata, please re-check all Acura TSX base calibrations, Doug you still have Acura TSX so it's not hard to do some testings. I could do myself but when there is no option to downgrade firmware my hands are tied.
Known as Vaikis_
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I have asked Doug to take a look at this when his car is available to do so.
sass

Post by sass »

This datalog more entertaining
Attachments
test map OEM.fpdl
(81.09 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

Spunkster wrote:I have asked Doug to take a look at this when his car is available to do so.
Thanks, we are waiting for news and some updates.
Known as Vaikis_
mabo

Post by mabo »

Same issue with new FP managers , weird fuel maps behavior. I can add 10, 20, 30% and i dont see any afr change in datalogs.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We will be looking into this soon.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've made a release which fixes a problem with fuel table interpolation at certain cam angles with the 07 TSX. It may be the cause of the fuel trims the original poster saw.
Hondata
zaqmlp

Post by zaqmlp »

Thanks Hondata for looking into the problem, I didn't actually knew there were replies and forgot to check for a while.

I currently had my car in a workshop with dyno facilities, they did experience the problem where changing fuel map does not alter the AFR as I first described in this post.
I have just notified the workshop about the new software that could potentially fixes the problem and they will give it a shot later.

I will post and see if it fixes the problem.
Thanks again!
zaqmlp

Post by zaqmlp »

I have finally have my car back from the tuner. However, the tuner said the new software did not fix the problem.
They said they had to work around it by locking and unlocking etc, which they didn't go into details and they did succeed in tuning the car.
And I am guessing from what they said they probably somehow able to tune with another flashpro unit and managed to get the car to run that tune?

But I would like to make some small alterations to the settings and now I am not dared to connect my flashpro back to the car afraid of ruining the current tune and making the
car not drive-able again.

Any thoughts hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you get specific details from you tuner on exactly what they did please.
gideon's_test

Post by gideon's_test »

I plan to purchase FlashPro, but I have an '07 TSX, so I am reconsidering. Seems that this is likely to be a problem for me as well?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This is not a problem with the FlashPro - many hundreds of people are using FlashPro for the 07 TSX without any issues.
Hondata
gideon's_test

Post by gideon's_test »

Ok, thanks...