Post by enforcer »

Nothing error
FP Manager just stop datalogging itself like press the F10 button
goodspeed

Re: Data logging issues.

Post by goodspeed »

Let me explain.

Situation 1

Control f9 to do data logging once I am.online.

After 2 min of recording , the data logging suddenly stop.

Situation 2

Data log with auto tuning. After 1 mins of tuning, the auto tune stop.
I repeated the same steps to do auto tune. But still the same for at least 10 -20 times. I even change several laptop to see if it is a problem.
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Have you tried to datalog without using the computer, just by pressing the datalog button at FlashPro and then downloading from the unit?
enforcer

Post by enforcer »

Diogo Oliveira wrote:Have you tried to datalog without using the computer, just by pressing the datalog button at FlashPro and then downloading from the unit?
It works fine if use flashpro unit to dataloging
but in situation of laptop dataloging... nope
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Dataloging with FlashPro, without using a notebook, works fine. And you already told you have tried to datalog using another notebook without success.

It could be a grounding issue, take a look at it and see if everything is ok.
goodspeed

Post by goodspeed »

Diogo Oliveira wrote:Dataloging with FlashPro, without using a notebook, works fine. And you already told you have tried to datalog using another notebook without success.

It could be a grounding issue, take a look at it and see if everything is ok.
Thanks Bro. U mean car grounding.issues? Not enough or too.many?
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Ground from the wiring harness to the engine. If you have a bad ground, the return path will travel back and FlashPro itself will act as a ground. If you have a notebook connected to FlashPro, than the notebook can act as a ground. All that can cause some serious damage to the ECU, FlashPro and notebook.

Also, check FlashPro OBDII conector and see if there are 2 pins that are not aligned with the others....those are ground pins and they must be like that, dont push them back into the conector housing.

And from FlashPro help file:
It is very important that the ground from the wiring harness to the engine (G101) makes good electrical contact with the cylinder head. Otherwise the return path for the sensors, ignition and VTEC may be through the OBDII connector, FlashPro, laptop, laptop charger and inverter to the vehicle body, which may damage the ECU/FlashPro.

The recommended position for the engine ground is on the stud attached to the cylinder head. While the stock location on the intake manifold will usually work without problems, the stud on the cylinder head provides a better electrical connection. The top bolt holding the radiator water output to the cylinder head is also a good alternative for the ground wire.
If all that is ok, you can wait for the next release to see if it get fixed....I don't have the problem you do, and I'm always performing live tuning and dataloging with my notebook. If nothing works you might have to contact Hondata support and send your FlashPro to be checked by them.