FlashPro V1.6.3

FlashPro Manager software
soxfan143

Re: FlashPro V1.6.1

Post by soxfan143 »

If they take the race cals away I will have to sell my kit and my car because I'll NEVER pass state inspection here in MA unless I add the factory cat back in and enable the secondary O2 sensor. I tried using the Civic cals but my car would NOT set 4 of the 7 readiness codes needed to pass emissions. I ran the same cal and flash for 4 days of driving to allow time for all readiness codes to set but nothing. The car would NEVER pass state emissions here. I had no DTCs and all systems were operating as designed. MA is one of the strictest states in the country for state inspection and I PASSED with the so called crap race cals but would have FAILED with the Civic cals. So I don't understand your argument for the civic cals. I flashed the race cal in 5 minutes before my inspection and I passed with flying colors with no cat, no secondary O2 and a full off road turbo kit. I have NO idea how your customers passed state inspection using a civic cal and no CAT with the secondary O2 disabled.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Passing emissions with a Civic or Race cal on a highly modified car requires gaming the system -- something the Race cal does a bit for you already.

But open your eyes, the Race cal looks seems to be slowly phased out as development on it has halted. We have a couple new features on the Civic cals that are nice -- I asked for them for the Race cal and got silence in return (my black Si IS my race car, I don't particularly DD it and can't really run a Civic cal on it at the moment).
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I don't really have to do anything to pass emissions with the race cal. It does it already with the readiness codes being set at all times. Is there something you can do with the Civic cals to pass? I didn't see any options to do anything. But if they really do phase the race cals out and I can't use them at all I will have to sell my car unless they add the same feature as kpro where we can set all readiness codes to ready for that purpose. I will use the Civic cals once they fix the throttle mapping for daily use but when it's time for my state inspection I'll have to flash the race cal back in to pass. Hopefully.

Sow what do you use for your black Si then? Do you run the Civic cals in the race car?
Bills07si

Post by Bills07si »

I know its going to take time for them to figure out the rev hang prob.. But im basically doing what you told me to do Vit about a month ago when i complained to you about it , you had said they are already aware of the prob , and that me and rest of your customers need to complain about it to, so something actually gets done about it.. And when i say my throttle responds slowly with the new cal , when comparing the two maps , it appears my last tuner had tuned my throttle mappping fairly aggressive so maybe thats why im seeing such a diff between the two.. I didnt get to flash my latest rev from you to see if your adjustments helped with the jerkiness when letting off the throttle.. BUT THAT IS REALLY BAD ON MY CAR... Hopefully when i flash your newest rev it feels diff , BETTER..
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Bills07si wrote:I know its going to take time for them to figure out the rev hang prob.. But im basically doing what you told me to do Vit about a month ago when i complained to you about it , you had said they are already aware of the prob , and that me and rest of your customers need to complain about it to, so something actually gets done about it.. And when i say my throttle responds slowly with the new cal , when comparing the two maps , it appears my last tuner had tuned my throttle mappping fairly aggressive so maybe thats why im seeing such a diff between the two.. I didnt get to flash my latest rev from you to see if your adjustments helped with the jerkiness when letting off the throttle.. BUT THAT IS REALLY BAD ON MY CAR... Hopefully when i flash your newest rev it feels diff , BETTER..
My comment was more aimed at soxfan as he's like a broken record at this point lol. Your feedback is appreciated -- and I sent you a cal that will fix the off throttle jerk, I know why it does that.
Bills07si

Post by Bills07si »

soxfan143 wrote:I don't really have to do anything to pass emissions with the race cal. It does it already with the readiness codes being set at all times. Is there something you can do with the Civic cals to pass? I didn't see any options to do anything. But if they really do phase the race cals out and I can't use them at all I will have to sell my car unless they add the same feature as kpro where we can set all readiness codes to ready for that purpose. I will use the Civic cals once they fix the throttle mapping for daily use but when it's time for my state inspection I'll have to flash the race cal back in to pass. Hopefully.

Sow what do you use for your black Si then? Do you run the Civic cals in the race car?

So Vit made some adjustments to my map and i have to say Rev Hang is pretty much Gone. Like i said before if i shifted at say 6000 my rpms wld continue to climb as if i was still giving it throttle , like go up to 6400rpm , Not now .. I let off to shift ,,rpms stay right there and drop fairly quickly.. It was also very Jerky when letting off throttle , Vit def made this feel better to . Can feel it some but i don't think its whole lot diff then my 02 civics cable driven throttle .. Thanks Vit for taking the time to make this all much better..
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:
Bills07si wrote:I know its going to take time for them to figure out the rev hang prob.. But im basically doing what you told me to do Vit about a month ago when i complained to you about it , you had said they are already aware of the prob , and that me and rest of your customers need to complain about it to, so something actually gets done about it.. And when i say my throttle responds slowly with the new cal , when comparing the two maps , it appears my last tuner had tuned my throttle mappping fairly aggressive so maybe thats why im seeing such a diff between the two.. I didnt get to flash my latest rev from you to see if your adjustments helped with the jerkiness when letting off the throttle.. BUT THAT IS REALLY BAD ON MY CAR... Hopefully when i flash your newest rev it feels diff , BETTER..
My comment was more aimed at soxfan as he's like a broken record at this point lol. Your feedback is appreciated -- and I sent you a cal that will fix the off throttle jerk, I know why it does that.
Dude I haven't said a word until he said something and I was just confirming what he said. And stating what my state inspection issue is compared to what you were saying.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Bills07si wrote:
soxfan143 wrote:I don't really have to do anything to pass emissions with the race cal. It does it already with the readiness codes being set at all times. Is there something you can do with the Civic cals to pass? I didn't see any options to do anything. But if they really do phase the race cals out and I can't use them at all I will have to sell my car unless they add the same feature as kpro where we can set all readiness codes to ready for that purpose. I will use the Civic cals once they fix the throttle mapping for daily use but when it's time for my state inspection I'll have to flash the race cal back in to pass. Hopefully.

So Vit made some adjustments to my map and i have to say Rev Hang is pretty much Gone. Like i said before if i shifted at say 6000 my rpms wld continue to climb as if i was still giving it throttle , like go up to 6400rpm , Not now .. I let off to shift ,,rpms stay right there and drop fairly quickly.. It was also very Jerky when letting off throttle , Vit def made this feel better to . Can feel it some but i don't think its whole lot diff then my 02 civics cable driven throttle .. Thanks Vit for taking the time to make this all much better..
That's awesome man. I wish I could tune my rev hang out. I've tried just about every possible adjustment but nothing works. I'll just have to wait for the fix I guess.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Obviously you haven't tried "everything".
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:Obviously you haven't tried "everything".
Well I don't have the knowledge of this crap that you do man so I guess not. Like I said I'll just have to wait or just stick with my crappy race cals.
mabo

Post by mabo »

soxfan143 wrote:
VitViper wrote:Obviously you haven't tried "everything".
Well I don't have the knowledge of this crap that you do man so I guess not. Like I said I'll just have to wait or just stick with my crappy race cals.
MB you can just kindly ask Vit to help you with that problem ? ))
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I would but he stated earlier he wouldn't help me. lol.
jonofmac

Post by jonofmac »

Figured I'd chime in here. Just switched to the Civic cal/Hybrid map using MAP fuel instead of AFM.

The throttle response isn't *quite* as instant as a race tune when letting off the throttle, but it is no where near as bad as stock. I still find this throttle response very smooth and responsive. There is a little roughness when you're on the edge of fuel cut off or going back and forth that the race tune didn't have.

There is one thing that concerned me that I hadn't noticed before.

I have a 2009 Civic Si US

ECT2 sensor values seem to be almost random... When idling they will jump from 115 to 340˚F in a matter of 5 seconds and then go right back down, but when i'm WOT, no such thing happens. I've only had the tune on for about 15 hours, but it was something I noticed when I was tuning my fuel. Of course, maybe my ECT2 sensor is screwed, but if this Civic Cal is unable to use the first ECT sensor, then I might need to look into this more?

Also, maybe Hondata can chime in on how their Lambda overlay feature works exactly. Does the algorithm you use for part throttle also take STRIM averages into account? Does it only take the lambda averages? The reason I ask is, if it excludes STRIM values, it seems that the best way to tune part throttle while live tuning is to disable STRIMs and correct fuel so that STRIMs wont throw the average lambda values off.

EDIT: I've uploaded a screen shot showing what i'm talking about with the ECT2 sensors... I found a datalog from a month ago showing that ECT2 was working as expected in a race tune
Attachments
Weird ECT2
Weird ECT2
Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 12.15.08 PM.png (30.75 KiB) Viewed 10445 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It appears that you have a problem with the sensor or the wiring to your ECT sensor.
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

Spunkster wrote:It appears that you have a problem with the sensor or the wiring to your ECT sensor.
how you explain such behavior on Acura TSX 6MT, INJ and DUTY choppy such thing appeared after FlashPro Manager 1.5.6, same with Beta 1.6.1... There was no problems with old 1.4.5 version. As your software doesn't have normal backward compatibility there is no option to downgrade firmware on FlashPro device. We have ticket in the one end....

Same with Acura TSX 5AT (auto)

Known as Vaikis_