Beta 1.47 abnormal engine retard for JDM FD2 Type R

FlashPro Manager software
Shalashaska

Beta 1.47 abnormal engine retard for JDM FD2 Type R

Post by Shalashaska »

Hi Hondata,

I have been facing huge ignition retard issues since I started using the latest firmware on the flashpro with timing retard going at high as 6 degrees. Previously I was on version 1.3x and my vehicle was not facing any such issues at all.

I have attached my datalog and calibration for your reference and await your soonest reply to this issue.

Thanks
Attachments
Version 3.fpcal
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Datalog.fpdl
(3.3 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Beta 1.47 abnormal engine retard for JDM FD2 Type R

Post by Hondata »

Have you uploaded your calibration using 1.4.7?

The knock ignition limit is -6 degrees on the high cam, so I'd expect to see at least 6 degrees of retard in those places.
Hondata
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Hondata wrote:Have you uploaded your calibration using 1.4.7?

The knock ignition limit is -6 degrees on the high cam, so I'd expect to see at least 6 degrees of retard in those places.

Yes, I have downloaded and uploaded the calibration as 1.47. Previously while on 1.3x my engine suffers no such issues. This problem only surfaced after I started to use 1.45 (Which was totally bugged) and later upgraded to 1.47 to rectify the 1.45 power loss issues. Nonetheless, I am still having engine retard which never occurred on my engine before prior to using the new versions.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Btw, is there anyway I can revert back to version 1.3x firmware on my flashpro? With 1.47 on the FP I can only use 1.47 calibrations. I would prefer to revert back to previous versions until the issues are resolved.

Many thanks
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Hondata wrote:Have you uploaded your calibration using 1.4.7?

Any help from the Hondata team?

I am getting 6 degrees retard even at the low cams while cruising at below 3000 rpm and my AF ratio is in the normal range.

This never happened prior to upgrading to the new versions.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have not changed the binary nor calibration between versions, and the knock ignition limit tables looks to be causing the retard.
Hondata