adjusting speedo. help please.

FlashPro Manager software
K_A_N_O

adjusting speedo. help please.

Post by K_A_N_O »

hey guys.
i need to adjust my speedo.

how do i adjust the speedo without loosing the current map on the ecu? as i dont want to loose it all.

also which parameters on this should i change?
ecu, dash or both?

my ratios were ukdm cl9 tsx
1, 3.533
2, 1.880
3, 1.354
4, 1.027
5, 0.825
6, 0.659
r, 3.583
F, 4.388

and i now have all dc5 ratios. (so much better!)

1, 3.266
2, 2.13
3, 1.517
4, 1.212
5, 0.972
6, 0.78
r, 3.583
F, 4.764

when satnav says im doing 60 my speedo says 70mph what do you reckon try a 10% increase first?

thanks in advance
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: adjusting speedo. help please.

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to load the calibration that your vehcile is currently running on and make whatever changes you want to make and then upload the entire calibration to the ECU.

You must firest determine which item needs adjustment, the ECU reading or the dash reading, then start making changes and see if the change was made in the right direction or the right percentage. Once you get the speeds to match then you know you have the right percentage and you are done.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

When you open a calibration for TSX, FlashPro Manager only shows speed adjustment (dash).
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For some vehicles the speed signal goes from the sensor -> ECU -> dash. In this case, the dash speed can be altered in the ECU.

For other vehicles, the speed signal goes from the sensor to both the ECU & dash. In that case, the dash speed cannot be altered by the ECU (which is why it is not shown for the S2000 & TSX).
Hondata
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

Hondata wrote:For some vehicles the speed signal goes from the sensor -> ECU -> dash. In this case, the dash speed can be altered in the ECU.

For other vehicles, the speed signal goes from the sensor to both the ECU & dash. In that case, the dash speed cannot be altered by the ECU (which is why it is not shown for the S2000 & TSX).
so are you saying i am unable to correct my speedo on the tsx then?
sorry your wording confuses me a little.
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

Spunkster wrote:You will have to load the calibration that your vehcile is currently running on and make whatever changes you want to make and then upload the entire calibration to the ECU.

You must firest determine which item needs adjustment, the ECU reading or the dash reading, then start making changes and see if the change was made in the right direction or the right percentage. Once you get the speeds to match then you know you have the right percentage and you are done.

i know this probably sounds like a dumb newbie question. but how do i load the current map?

the only thing ive done with flashpro was upload a base calibration so i could get it to the tuners.

thanks
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

K_A_N_O wrote: i know this probably sounds like a dumb newbie question. but how do i load the current map?

the only thing ive done with flashpro was upload a base calibration so i could get it to the tuners.

thanks

Open the same base calibration, modify speed adjustment, save as (name that you want) and upload the calibration.

If you prefer, buy a Yellow Jacket. I have one and works perfect.
Attachments
Yellow Jacket Operation Manual.rar
(41.79 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

angelf1974 wrote:
K_A_N_O wrote: i know this probably sounds like a dumb newbie question. but how do i load the current map?

thanks

Open the same base calibration, modify speed adjustment, save as (name that you want) and upload the calibration.

If you prefer, buy a Yellow Jacket. I have one and works perfect.
i want to open the custom map i currently have on my ecu.

im asking how i do that. what do i click?, file, open?
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the calibration saved on your laptop? If yes, then just locate the file and open it in the FlashPro Manager software.
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

Spunkster wrote:Do you have the calibration saved on your laptop? If yes, then just locate the file and open it in the FlashPro Manager software.
no im affraid not. it was tuned at the tuners. using my flashpro and their laptop.

is it possible to load the current map on my ecu onto my laptop? as i really do not want to loose the current map on the ecu.

thanks in advance for your help
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

K_A_N_O wrote:
Spunkster wrote:Do you have the calibration saved on your laptop? If yes, then just locate the file and open it in the FlashPro Manager software.
no im affraid not. it was tuned at the tuners. using my flashpro and their laptop.

is it possible to load the current map on my ecu onto my laptop? as i really do not want to loose the current map on the ecu.

The flashpro stores the last calibration uploaded. Connect the flashpro to your laptop and go to flashpro menu on flashpro manager. Then choose calibrations.

Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

Yesterday I was trying to adjust the speed shown in the dash. The speed adjustment works fine but the odometer is not corrected.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

angelf1974 wrote:
K_A_N_O wrote:

The flashpro stores the last calibration uploaded. Connect the flashpro to your laptop and go to flashpro menu on flashpro manager. Then choose calibrations.

thanks for the screenshot great help. i will give it a try.

also what do you mean by "The speed adjustment works fine but the odometer is not corrected". ?

does changing the percentage in the speed adjustment for the dash not correct the odometer?

im guessing you also have a tsx? what gears do you run?
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.
angelf1974

Post by angelf1974 »

I am from Spain. I have an Accord CL9.

Gear1>3.533
Gear2>1.88
Gear3>1.354
Gear4>1.027
Gear5>0.825
Gear6>0.659
Final Gear Ratio>5.062 (Civic FN2)

I have a "yellow jacket" to correct the speed, but yesterday I used the flashpro speed adjustment. I tried a -10% speed adjustment. The speed shown in the dash was the correct compared with the gps but the odometer shown 10% more than the gps. I think that the flahspro speed correction not affects the odometer.
Honda Accord CL9 (Spain)
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

angelf1974 wrote:I am from Spain. I have an Accord CL9.

Gear1>3.533
Gear2>1.88
Gear3>1.354
Gear4>1.027
Gear5>0.825
Gear6>0.659
Final Gear Ratio>5.062 (Civic FN2)

I have a "yellow jacket" to correct the speed, but yesterday I used the flashpro speed adjustment. I tried a -10% speed adjustment. The speed shown in the dash was the correct compared with the gps but the odometer shown 10% more than the gps. I think that the flahspro speed correction not affects the odometer.
damn! whats the final drive like? must be like a rocket!

yea i know i can wire in a speedo healer but if it works with flashpro then i cant see the point.

im not really bothered too much about the odometer not working correctly. as i have no intention of selling the car. how many miles did you drive to tell it was out?

also does your cruise control work after fixing the speedo with flashpro?

mine currently does not work.

05 UKDM CL9 Accord.